Which is the worst card (excluding animals and S cards)?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
T72on1

Re: Which is the worst card (excluding animals and S cards)?

Post by T72on1 »

RicardoRix wrote: 11 January 2024, 16:52
T72on1 wrote: 11 January 2024, 16:29
MikaelsonBG wrote: 11 January 2024, 13:28
The clue of the Hologram is actually to mess with your opponent's deck. I almost always take it, and have won several rounds with it.
I'm obviously wrong, coz the good players rate it very highly, but I'm perplexed by the logic:
It will add a card of similar value card as the Hologram itself. Both take a spot on the bench (but the card they give you might not). Where is the benefit?
Duplicates however would definitely make it work. but isn't that true for most cards?
Yes the opponent is possibly messed up by miscounting the uniquely different cards, but you had to add this to take up one of your slots. So you yourself can't create as many potential combos, only 6 other slots rather than 7.
Isn't a 'C' pick meant to be at-least as good as any other card in the opponents deck?
Plus the butler would kill against this idea. Which again seems really good to me, but otherwise seems to be rated very poorly by experts.
I've only played 3 games, take my noob madness logic with a pinch of salt.
In the end everything always depends on the composition of your deck at that point. So I definitely agree that the card can be a bad trade-off as well.

But even then if there's a Hologram in the C deck to take, and no doubles in the cards I can choose from, I tend to take the card, especially if my deck is on the weaker side.
Suhariel

Post by Suhariel »

Scouting is key here. You must observe the other parks, especially in match 7, and when you see your opponent in the final uses hologram, just radically clear your deck.
MistyMountain

Post by MistyMountain »

I my opinion the worst cards are (from the worst one to a bit better):
1. Clown
2. Lifeguard
3. Butler
4. Heroine
5. Pyrotechnician.
1000esqrtn1

Post by 1000esqrtn1 »

Going a different direction here, the card that I struggle the most to make it work is Cook. Cook is one of the weakest cards of deck B and can only sinergyze with AI, which means that you will be already doing a 2 for 1 whenever cook appears against an average B card. The goal of cook is to compensate that making your opponent spend and extra card to take the flag, however this occasionally matters, as overkills are common so your +1 sometimes gets ignored depending the deck you have.

The point is that cook would like strong cards on deck, like many vainilla 5's. If these cards get +1, they are almost guaranteed to force a 2 for 1, but they are harder to pair, so your deck will be smaller. Cook benefits from larger decks as there are many potential flag holders that can benefit from its effect, but on large decks cook rarely matters. I have seen cooks on MUA decks, which is very stupid since 1 to 2 barely matters and in general large decks will be based on many low power cards with multiple copies, which again the +1 will likely not make the difference, hence the difficulty to make cook work. Moreover, if you take duplicates you are gaining consistency on appearance, but you have lost an extra B pick on cook, meaning that there's one card less that can benefit from its effect
bamb1n0

Post by bamb1n0 »

1000esqrtn1 wrote: 14 May 2024, 07:25Cook benefits from larger decks as there are many potential flag holders that can benefit from its effect, but on large decks cook rarely matters.
Or recursion decks; Necromancer also synergizes with A.I.
wasd56

Post by wasd56 »

I rather take AI, band or vendor than cook.

Return to “Challengers”