2 new games : Hack Trick and Remember when !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

2 new games : Hack Trick and Remember when !

Post by sourisdudesert »

Today, we have very happy to introduce TWO new games on Board Game Arena :
_ Hack Trick, a very smart hacking game which re-invent the "Tic Tac Toe" using cards.
_ Remember When..., a party game around (retired) Super heros and Villain trying to remember their adventures.

Hack Trick is a 2 players game by József Dorsonczky published by Mind Fitness games, with a hacking theme.

In Hack Trick, your goal is to align 3 of your markers on the 3x3 grids OR to place 3 of your markers on the same place.

To place a marker, you have to play a card, sum its value with the previous card played, and place a marker on the number you obtain. For example, if the previous card played was a "2", and if you play a "4", you place one of your marker on "6" (4+2). In addition, if you play on a place where there are enemy markers you capture them. If you prefer you can draw a card instead of playing.

There are only 15 cards, 3 of each value (1 to 5), so of course to win you will have to deduct which cards your opponent has in hand. For this you can use the cards played, the cards in your hand, the 2 cards that are discarded at each round, but you can also spend captured enemy markers to force your opponent to reveal the sum of his cards.

Finally, you can also sacrifice your markers to force your opponent to play (and not to draw), or prevent your opponent to do this to you.

Hack Trick is a very smart game with simple rules. by the way we recently have the occasion to test almost all games by the same designer/publisher and we agree that these games are really very very good / smart / simple / short, and we encourage you to try them if you have the occasion! Thank you Mind Fitness !

Hack Trick has been developed by a brand new technique based on BGA Sandbox tool (but with rules reinforcement). For those interested, more info to come as a first comment of this post.

Remember When ... is a party game for 3-6 players by Eric Bridge (FourGiving), published by Ad Magic Inc.

The players represent retired super heroes and reformed super villains trying to remember about their earlier adventures. But, as always happens at occasions like this, each is trying to outdo their peers by bragging about an even more amazing story of what they once did. But the really funny part is that everyone's memories are faulty because they are now going senile, and they're relying on their "friends" to help them fill in the blanks! So while the hero or villain might really have a great story to tell, what comes out of their mouth ends up being VERY different.

Each player has two goals - 1) To be the best at helping the other players in remembering correctly, and 2) To come up with your own memory/adventure that your peers agree is the best one of all!

To do this, the players are using cards with 4 words/phrases on them to fill the gap of a sentence. Here is the full explanation of how it works :

[/tttv]

Remember When... is of course really different of the games we are usually introducing on Board Game Arena BUT we tested it and find it really cool and fun. Surprisingly, even this is a party game, it works perfectly on BGA so you can enjoy being a retired Super hero with your friends :)

Warning : as the game rely on English grammar / sentence structure by design, this game can be played by English speaking audience only for now.

Remember When digital adaptation has been developed by Brent Paschall using BGA Studio, which was not an easy job considering the particularities of this game : congratulations and thank you!

BGA would like to address a special thank you to the game designer Eric Bridge (FourGiving), for creating this game and make possible to have it there.

Enjoy!
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: 2 new games : Hack Trick and Remember when !

Post by sourisdudesert »

About Sandbox system used for Hack Trick

Sandbox is a new tool for creating digital adaptation on Board Game Arena.

You don't need any programming skill to use BGA Sandbox : any game designer / game publisher can upload images of a game cards/board/stuff, and then make it available to play on BGA.

Sandbox is NOT public at now.

Of course, using this tool, you can only have a very limited rules control for your game : this is possible to do any moves with the pieces of the game, and consequently all players should know the rules and apply them.

However, last months we worked on a script system for Sandbox. It allows a developer to add rules control (partial or total) to an existing Sandbox games. This way, a board games will soon be able to be at first introduced on BGA as a Sandbox games, and progressively have a rules control if a developer is available for this.

With Hack Trick, we are testing this rules control system in real conditions.

We hope BGA Sandbox will contribute to have way more games on BGA, and hope you'll enjoy this!
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

just won rememberwhen for the first time. thoughts so far:

5 rounds for 3 players, 4 rounds for 4 players, 3 rounds for 5 players

the 'best' story should get points at the end of the game, based on the number of players. i would suggest (number of players) minus 2.

include the hero / villian role in the face-off summary while voting is taking place.
FourGiving

Post by FourGiving »

Good ideas for Remember When. I'll talk with Brederic about that. Yes, in the physical copy of the game there are TWO winners - the player with the best sentence at the end of the game, and the player with the most points. BGA right now can't accommodate that, but we're working on tweaks for BGA like you suggested. Right now best is just bragging rights, but we hope to change that. Thanks for your patience all, and enjoy!

We are actively seeking a publisher for the retail version. If you have ideas or contacts please let me know. We are a low income family without the resources to self-publish :(
vicorintian

Post by vicorintian »

Remember when is pretty funny, i think the retail version will play well with my friends, so im looking forward to it. On this first playthrough all of the participants were out of time by the second round (since it takes a bit of time to read all of the options) i would suggest a bit more time on the timer for this game, but i guess as more you play it the better time management becomes.
FourGiving

Post by FourGiving »

Thanks Vic for the support. We are looking at better time options right now.
durmond

Post by durmond »

I don´t know if it goes here, but after the changes in hack trick I found a bug. When you capture opponent´s x2 marker it can´t be used for asking the sum of opponents cards.
Eats_Mice

Post by Eats_Mice »

There 18 cards in Hack Trick. 3 of each value 0-5.
Eletheria

Post by Eletheria »

Hello
Is there an intention to get Citadels and Kolejka on BoardGameArena?
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

I have mixed feelings about sandbox games--I'm excited that it makes it faster and easier to implement games, but it does mean that the major thing I like about computer implementation of games as a new player--the fact that I can learn while playing rather than memorizing and doublechecking the rules--is gone. Usually as a new player I just try playing and know that the computer will enforce the rules--otherwise with a new game I sometimes have no idea if I or the other players are actually making legal moves. Shouldn't be a huge problem with Hack Trick as the ruleset seems simple, but might be an issue with more complex games.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”