[Danish] Race for the Galaxy

Dansk oversættelse
Replicat

[Danish] Race for the Galaxy

Post by Replicat »

In the translations it is possible to provide translations for all the card names.
I would argue that it isn't necessary to translate the card names. It would take away the flavour of the game and make it hard to recognize the cards from the actual board game.
Rillum

Re: [Danish] Race for the Galaxy

Post by Rillum »

Hi Replicat, I agree with not translating the names of cards, as we have no Danish version of the game. I think that it would be more confusing and misleading than helpful.

I don't know how to translate development, do you have any ideas? "udvikling" does not mean the same in Danish, and "teknologi" is not exact, as not all developments are technologies.

I suggest "lykketræfverden" for windfall world, but it is a bit cumbersome. What do people think?

Rillum
Replicat

Re: [Danish] Race for the Galaxy

Post by Replicat »

Hi Rillum

Let's decide to use the original English card names.

The translation of Development: "Udvikling" and "Teknologi" are the obvious choices. Other ideas wourld be "fremskridt" and "udbygning".
At the moment I feel most comfortable with "udvikling" since I don't think a better alternative exists.

For Windfall World: I find "lykketræfverden" to be too cumbersome even though the word captures the concept. I have no better alternative at the moment, but am welcoming ideas.

Return to “Dansk - da”