Portuguese from Brazil, Portugal or both?

Tradução portuguesa
Yobust

Re: Portuguese from Brazil, Portugal or both?

Post by Yobust »

anyway can a portuguese person, quand understand a brazilian portuguese? of course, they can as example in english we say ward that's behind the house made in concrete, but in United state, call it back garden where there's no grass but too got concrete. bonnet in english and hood in USA on the car example .
MatGamerPT

Re: Portuguese from Brazil, Portugal or both?

Post by MatGamerPT »

Een wrote: 31 March 2012, 13:00 Hello,

As we don't speak Portuguese, we have no strong opinion about this.
If it is possible to have only one translation by choosing neutral words, I think it would be better as it would minimize the translation effort by enabling more people to contribute to only one translation (and keeping things simple).
But if you think that it should be split, we can make it so.

For information, I took a look at recent statistics and for now there is three to five times as many users from Brazil as there is from Portugal.
There is a risk if we split that one of the translation won't be maintained.

Een
Hello, folks!

I'm a recent user and I happen to be a professional translator-subtitler.

I've just submitted some EU-PT translations and I was wondering if, after all this time, you'll ponder again about having both EU-PT and BR-PT translations available, so the Portuguese users can be sure their translations are worth being made currently and in the future.

If the option is there, even if EU-PT translation is behind, one could always choose the BR-PT option while the EU-PT translation is being developed.

I've spotted several incorrect, literal, unidiomatic or machine translations on both EU-PT and BR-PT, so I thought it would be nice to improve the quality of the translations for both Portuguese and Brazilian users. I'm available to help and contribute to achieve that goal.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Cheers!

Return to “Portuguese - pt”