Invisible camels?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
CB Droege

Invisible camels?

Post by CB Droege »

Before I post it as a bug, I want to make sure: We're supposed to be able to see all of the opponent's camels on the table, right?
dudi2

Re: Invisible camels?

Post by dudi2 »

From section "Reminders and Notes" of the manual (page 7/8, http://www.gameworks.ch/2010/pdf/JAIPUR_GB.pdf):

Players are not required to let their opponent know how many
camels they possess.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Just expanding on dudi2's comment:
A player needs to let the opponent know if they have 0 or more than 0 camels. But, just like any other good, it is up to the opponent to keep track of exactly what that number is. The starting number can easily be determined from the cards in hand after the initial deal. This prevents such play as taking camels on the last turn of a round to get the camel token by 1 camel, rather than selling goods worth less than 5 points. (Or, alternatively, not taking them when you would have gained the camel token, but instead selling something worth less than 5....)
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Okay, but sometimes it seems to be showing me some or all of my opponent's camels, but sometimes it isn't? How does it decide?
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

I've never seen it show more than 1. Again, I think it should show either 0 or "more than 0."
Do you have screenshots of it showing more than 1? If it does show more than 1, that is a bug and should be reported on the bugs page.

Also, is it seen in 2D mode or 3D mode?
Daggerheart

Post by Daggerheart »

In a "live" game you can see the height of the Camel stack.

I think this is important knowledge. Bad that you can't see this!
radiusg

Post by radiusg »

In live game you can show the number of camels il you want. If you don't, you can hide it by placing the cards the way that your opponent can not see the numbers of camels you have. In fact, it's a question of available information, it's a problem for you if you don't have this information but it's the case for bad guy too. In live game, it's usually easyer to get this information because players don't take the time to hide it. Personally, when i play with my wife i hide the camels, no way i let her win and every solution is good for that. :-).

In fact if you want to know how many cards the opponent has online you have to count, there are two solutions for that. The hard way and an easyer solution, i think. First you determine the number of camels your opponent has considering each player gets 5 cards at the beginning of the game. If he has 3 cards in his hand, it means he has two camels... and each time he takes or lets go camels, you count. So the count changes each time bad guy does a move with camels. Not easy to stay focus on that, i think there is an easyer way to count. You have to know how many camels are out. You count them at the beginning, and you add a unit each time a camel is released form the deck. The number of camels your opponent has is the global number of camels deducted from the numbers in your hand and on the board. There is a last solution that is not as precise as the two others. There are 11 camels in the deck. Make sure you have at least 6 camels at the end to certainly gain the bonus. I think counting them precisely is finally more efficient because one camel can make a huge difference at the end.

I hope my explanations helped you. Hope i was clear and sorry if my post contains mistakes, i have a terrible english.

See you.
nmego

Post by nmego »

nice ideas.

Return to “Jaipur”