Raising bids

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tybounn

Re: Raising bids

Post by Tybounn »

I agree with the previous messages,

Even more, Asmodée did a "Football" version of Perudo for the French Football Team and in the rules you are allowed to raise the number of dices AND lower the value.
I can't find them online for now.

But as it is an official Asmodee Perudo, i think it could be an option offered on BGA.
cdunc123

Post by cdunc123 »

I'm curious. In the two-and-a-half years since the original post in this thread, have the bid rules changed? Are they now more flexible, so that (say) a "three 6s" bid could be followed by "five 2s"?
Bellows

Post by Bellows »

I have played this a lot locally, and have friends who played in national competitions and the rules do allow for a raise in quantity of a lower value as discussed. The rules are available here http://www.perudo.co.uk/perudo-rules.php.

Another rule we play is that if it is a polifico round, and someone else is already on 1 dice. They are allowed to change the value.

It would be great, if the UK rules could be a tick box perhaps.
_MJL_

Post by _MJL_ »

GAme is still limited as the original post says.

Shame as it does lose a lot the way it is implemented here. It would be real nice to have other options.

side note: Anyone know how what tech the site is coded in? and you would offer to help?
masterwaffle

Post by masterwaffle »

Agree with changing the rule to be able to change the face when raising the quantity.
ProfessorMint

Post by ProfessorMint »

I agree with being able to change to any die as long as you increase the number of dice you are bidding. It would add some strategy that the game sorely needs.
CaractacusPots

Post by CaractacusPots »

Hi

Relatively new here and just played my first few games of Perudo here (played the real game extensively).

The implementation for bidding is imo wrong or at the least bad.

To increase the bid you should be able to :

1. Increase the NUMBER whilst leaving the VALUE the same (i.e. 2x5's becomes 3x5's, 4x5's etc)
2. Increase the NUMBER whilst changing the VALUE (i.e. 2 x 5's becomes 3x4's or 3x2's or 3x6's etc)

The golden rule being that you MUST increase either the NUMBER or the VALUE or both

The implementation here only allows Number 1 above and in respect of Number 2 it forces you to use a higher VALUE.

This pretty much destroys the game.

It means at any time anyone can just make a bid of 6's (even just 1x6) and at that point no-one can go backward so no other denominations can be used except Aces regardless of what anyone holds. It makes the game totally flat to the point of absurdity.

You SHOULD be able to bid 4x3's after a bid of 3x5's

Without this fundamental rule the game is pointless.
veldom

Post by veldom »

Same here, can't you add a variant?
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

CaractacusPots wrote: 02 September 2020, 17:38 It means at any time anyone can just make a bid of 6's (even just 1x6) and at that point no-one can go backward so no other denominations can be used except Aces regardless of what anyone holds. It makes the game totally flat to the point of absurdity.
This is not how the current rules works.
As you can see in this replay on move 43: https://boardgamearena.com/archive/repl ... s=84708216;
The sequence of bidding "7 Fives -> 4 Aces -> 9 Fours" is allowed. So it is possible to decrease the value of the bidding. However, this is only possible by bidding on Aces, so bidding always increase up to Sixes, then Aces, then back to Twos.
[Reminder: Bids on aces are worth double, so "4 Aces" is a bid worth 8 dices]

This interpretation of the rules seems to match the French translation of the rules.

As for implementing a new variant, this game never had any active developer. It was handled by the owners of BGA on their spare time, and they did not touch it in the last two years. So up until a new dev generously decides to work on this game, no update will be released.

Return to “Perudo”