Starvation strategy abusers

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Flemingr2002

Re: Starvation strategy abusers

Post by Flemingr2002 » 29 April 2019, 01:20

Well I was one of the anti starvation people, but over time i learned how to beat it - not always but often enough where it does not bother me so much anymore. I think my problem is with the game design itself. these games are supposed to be simulations and that is why i like them. Therefore, the penalty for not beiing able to feed your tribe is should be the loss of one meeple. To the contrary, i've also been seeing the mega tribe where a player max's out meeples and food until they have a super power. I've seen many good player use this strategy and this seems to make sense in the simulation --

eoc

Post by eoc » 15 May 2019, 12:16

Flemingr2002 wrote:
29 April 2019, 01:20
these games are supposed to be simulations
And here I thought they were supposed to be games!

(Another point for my argument on how a different framing of the same mechanics could have avoided lots and lots of player complaints, as detailed here)

danielSVK

Post by danielSVK » 20 September 2019, 12:06

nandblock wrote:
02 November 2017, 01:22
That's entirely an issue with flaws in the original game design, not BGA's implementation. They are playing legally.
it is totally not with the flaws in the original game, as in the original game you get -4points for each unfed person, so for 10 person you get -40 points, not -10 points, which is a huge difference

Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin » 21 September 2019, 00:19

danielSVK wrote:
20 September 2019, 12:06
nandblock wrote:
02 November 2017, 01:22
That's entirely an issue with flaws in the original game design, not BGA's implementation. They are playing legally.
it is totally not with the flaws in the original game, as in the original game you get -4points for each unfed person, so for 10 person you get -40 points, not -10 points, which is a huge difference
We may be splitting hairs on the definition of "original game." The English rules at the time BGA released the game (and, current English rules https://images.zmangames.com/filer_publ ... _rules.pdf page 7) state that 10 points are lost. 4 points is from a different translation, if I recall correctly.

Return to “Stone Age”