Not enough time to use protect

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
CB Droege

Not enough time to use protect

Post by CB Droege »

The game only gives players about three seconds to decide if they want to use their protection cards when the time comes. That is simply not enough time to evaluate the card being played and decide if it's worth protecting against. It's even worse in turn-based. I usually don't even look at the tab where the game is loading until after that time has passed, making it impossible.
chrisa

Re: Not enough time to use protect

Post by chrisa »

+1
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

In the late game, with more tiles down, even if I have the tab up, the timer runs down before the assets can all load. The card is unplayable.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi,
I just checked the game and code, and saw that the timer for using protection cards should trigger ONLY if you DON'T have a protection card in hand, so that you automatically pass if you can't play anything. (The duration of this timer is randomized so that opponents in a real time game can't guess if you actually have one in hand.)
If the timer starts when you have a protection card in hand, then there is a bug, and you should report it with the number of the game and ideally the number of the move.

Return to “gaia”