SECRET MOON THIEF PLAYER - Add 9th player instead of NPC

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
pattontower123

SECRET MOON THIEF PLAYER - Add 9th player instead of NPC

Post by pattontower123 »

Hi BGA,
regarding the Secret Moon game,

Secret Moon is a 8 player game.

There is an option to add Thief as a Third Optional Faction. If we turn on the Thief Option, then there would be 8 players plus one NPC. Can you please make changes to the Secret Moon Game such that if we turn on the Thief Option, we can add another player to become 9 players. We don't want the 9th player to be NPC. Thanks
Cabrera1961

Re: SECRET MOON THIEF PLAYER - Add 9th player instead of NPC

Post by Cabrera1961 »

i agree , this game is less interesting with a PNJ , then to add a thief we need a 9th slot
nmego

Post by nmego »

That's such an old thread, feels like it would be better suited in its respective game forum. Then again, it should be pretty inactive.

Anyway totally agree with this suggestion. the thief option is not really playable. is more like a casual option. adding 9th player might help it become a better option.
Een

Post by Een »

I moved this thread in the appropriate game forum.

Also checked it and actually the game material doesn't allow this. There is only 8 turn cards and 8 colors of eye tokens.
Cabrera1961

Post by Cabrera1961 »

I understand your problem, Een, but I insist anyway.
At the club where I play ("la compagnie des jeux", Lodève, France), when we are 9 with a thief, we use to determine the order of play, 9 cards from a common 54-card game. The authors and publishers have designed a very good ninth card, interesting to play, but without providing a place for it! which is an incredible missed. Does this mean that players on BGA have to deprive themselves of the pleasure of playing with the character of the thief, when it would be so simple to fix this mistake as we do in clubs?
I would like to point out that according to me, and others, the most interesting form of this game is at 9 with a thief, followed by the game at 8 without thief, and very far behind, the game at 8 with thief, or the game at 7 without thief, the presence of an NPC spoiling the game.
Greetings with the hope of one day being able to play the thief on BGA with a ninth slot
not a duck

Post by not a duck »

+1 to this. )

I can assume that the only reason that the game does not have the ninth color for the token is that the role of the thief was added after the release of the main game.

And it's a pity, because the option for nine players with a thief will allow this game to sparkle with new colors.

So, if it is possible to implement it, I kindly ask you to do it. )

(sorry if my english is not good or rusty)
AngelShiva

Post by AngelShiva »

+1, please :)
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

The best thing to do this is to find the creator of the game, and have the agreement to add a potential 'variant' for 9 players.

So if someone is motivated...
myusername

Post by myusername »

+1 please~

Return to “Secret Moon”