Signorie

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

Signorie

Postby Een » 18 April 2018, 10:05

We are very happy today to release for online play on Board Game Arena Signorie, a game from Andrea Chiarvesio and Pierluca Zizzi published by What's Your Game?.

In Signorie, you'll play the role of a Signore, head of one of the ambitious noble families of the magnificent Italy during the Renaissance period. Your goal will be to expand the influence of your family into a true dynasty by making strategic alliances with the most prestigious Houses of that time.

As it goes with dynasties, your objectives will be reached through children of your family, that will grow to take their full place into the world. A place of your chosing, of course. You'll chose for their best, and the best of the family! Men will go to the military, to the clergy, or into politics, then once grown into influential positions, will be spent into diplomatic missions. Women will be key in expanding influence through strategic marriages.

Of course, all of this will be done within a chaotic and unpredictable environment where you'll need to take advantage of the tumultuous flow of the times. Twenty dice of 5 colors will be rolled at the beginning of each round to create a pool of opportunities. Then each player in turn will choose an available die and perform one of the corresponding possible actions. The color of the die determines the possible actions, and the value is a discount on the cost of the action. So a high valued die will allow you to perform an action without spending money, but at the same time if the sum of the dice used is over 13 at the end of the round, you will miss the bonus reward. So you'll need to balance the dice chosen with the money spent and the value expected from the reward...

This mechanism is simple but challenging, especially considering that the random placement of Assignment and Alliance tiles on each round makes the available actions vary through the game and will need you to adjust and reevaluate your strategy. Signorie is a complex game where each new game will be a fresh and interesting challenge.

We would like to send all our thanks for this game to the publisher What's Your Game? and to the developer Elena Laskavaia (Victoria_La) who after Madeira and Nippon gifts the BGA community with one more great game from the wonderful line of strategic board games created by What's Your Game?!

Mokey D Luffy

Re: Signorie

Postby Mokey D Luffy » 18 April 2018, 13:57

Nice to see this get released here. I always found this game interesting, but just haven’t been able to get my copy played. I forget most of it now, but will definitely check it out online.

Tlalox

Postby Tlalox » 18 April 2018, 19:10

Awesome I been wanting to try Signore!
ZhanGuo next :)!

Victoria_La

Postby Victoria_La » 19 April 2018, 01:49

Tlalox wrote:Awesome I been wanting to try Signore!
ZhanGuo next :)!

In regards to ZhanGuo WTG is launching kickstarter to collect money for reprint, see their website for details

tontogamer

Postby tontogamer » 19 April 2018, 01:50

Fantastic! I've recently borrowed this game from my club but realized I had little to no chance to get it to the table with my group, as it seems overwhelming to teach and play. Now I'll have the chance to play if after all. Stellar choice, BGA!

karabbb

Postby karabbb » 20 April 2018, 10:32

What does open gates option mean in this game?

Een

Postby Een » 20 April 2018, 11:22

karabbb wrote:What does open gates option mean in this game?

It's a game variant:
http://www.whatsyourgame.eu/downloads/S ... ENGlow.pdf

Dannerz

Postby Dannerz » 21 April 2018, 17:55

Thank you to Victoria_LA for bringing us all the best games!

shooshoo

Postby shooshoo » 25 April 2018, 00:41

Oh baby!!! This game is great! When you look at the board and the game set up it may not look like it but this game is pretty simple to teach and it is a blast to play. So many interesting options without getting bogged down with mechanics. I personally think its a beautiful game. So happy to see this on here.

Ankeszu

Postby Ankeszu » 26 April 2018, 15:29

I had a situation during the turnbased game I am not sure what to think about. It's about the rules, basically [or a bug?]. I can't find anywhere a non-variant rule saying that you can add a meeple to a full city - and yet it looked like the game offered me a possibility to do so. Maybe it would pop the red 'unauthorized move' message if I clicked "execute", but it looked weird.
So the question is: in BGA version of the game, is this possible move to send a meeple to a full city and gain the tile from that city (meeple going to the pool), or is it just a bit messy interface that looks like allowing it?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”