What improvements would you like to see?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
A-dam

Re: What improvements would you like to see?

Post by A-dam »

Thank you all for your suggestions. I moved to another project, so unless there will be high demand, I wont make any further changes..
Cappie

Post by Cappie »

Okay, i see that i am a bit late, but i think it would be Nice if you could also go a ring back.
I am in a game in which i would be stupid to advance without capturing the opponent, and he would be stupid to gomtomthe center because he would lose. Its 9-0.... So this could go on for a Very long time.
Pedros

Post by Pedros »

I second Cappie's request. Don't know the solution would be but there is one player (and so far as I know only one) who refuses to accept this as a won situation. Where a player is so far ahead and with no pawns behind him to be able to capture him then it should be recognised as game won, just as where captures would make no difference to the result.
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

I agree with the two of you.
I think since this is an auto-edited game, this problem should also be brought back to its author Renaud Joseph. So he can decide what to add in the rules to resolve that case, then the implementation can follow on BGA (can be programmatically tought though...).
Personally I would formulate the rule that way:

If a player in a winning position can demonstrate that the others cannot make him lose, no matter the moves they take, then the game ends and that player is declared as the winner.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I wanted to point out this thread:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... 81&t=12725

It doesn't change Cappie's idea about going back a ring, but it does address an overall issue. I see it was posted clear back in May and people are still addressing it. Even I posted on it cause I didn't know the thread was so old.
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

RicardoRix wrote:
N_Faker wrote: More ideas.

Change center scoring to 5, 4, 4, 3, 3 - or something more suitable
Increase pawn capture scoring to 2 points, captured pawn player still loses 1 point.

Disallow splitting double pawns + let single pawns capture double pawns.

Single pawns may move 1 extra space if this captures a pawn.
I simply disagree, and I'm on discussion thread but simply cannot discuss this point any further. Nothing more, nothing less!
I have thought much on this and the points need to be distributed differently. I think random distribution risks destroying the race to the center, as Ricardo says. However, balanced scores in the center must be implemented -- I will not spend 40 minutes trying to score 1 insignificant point at game end.

Offer several options for end scoring markers and let BGA players play-test it. We will find the optimal layout. So try 5,4,4,3,3 and try 5,5,4,4,3 OR make it customizable! Let the players choose the order and scores for the center. We are here to play your game. We will let you know which way is most fun! Can't wait to try the new version.
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

Scoring is still broken. Is "broken" the final state of this game?
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

Here is what I would like to see (in addition to changes to center scoring):

When you capture a pawn you can take a point or chose an upgrade --
Upgrades are --
  • Dice Upgrade (D6 -> D8 -> D10)
  • The Doubler (one of your pawns behaves as if it is doubled - behavior only, still one pawn)
  • Bridges (double pawns can cross all bridges except to scoring spaces (no doubling up when scoring)
Something like that.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

EllieK wrote:Scoring is still broken. Is "broken" the final state of this game?
I find it difficult to take someone seriously when they return 20 minutes later and ask if it's "still broken."
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

Liallan wrote: 13 March 2019, 11:34
EllieK wrote:Scoring is still broken. Is "broken" the final state of this game?
I find it difficult to take someone seriously when they return 20 minutes later and ask if it's "still broken."
Liallan, I wasn't coming back in twenty minutes expecting it to be fixed. I'm not that demanding. I see why my post was confusing. :) When I posted the first message, I thought changes had already been made to the game. When I played it, however, I realized that no changes had been made. After reading through the whole thread, I now understand that the changes discussed were hypothetical and at no time was it ever suggested that they would be implemented.

Still, it would be nice to play the game with an updated scoring system. I like the game quite a bit. But the scoring sucks the life out of the endgame.

Return to “Hypnosia”