What improvements would you like to see?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
A-dam

What improvements would you like to see?

Post by A-dam »

As another update was released with changed progression calculation, all crucial points are now fixed.

Based on your reactions, I have few ideas how to improve the game further and I would like to know your opinion!

Please if you are interrested vote here: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5a ... c24d038602

Here is the list of ideas, feel free to comment it further!
  • Delete game variant "Double pawn can cross bridge"
  • Make game variant "No double pawn bridge crossing" as first choice when creating table and let game variant "Double pawn can cross bridge" be next
  • Implement automatic game end when the order of players cannot be changed
  • Implement move of one pawn using both dices at the same time
  • Create game variant where scores in the center will be randomly distributed at the beginning of the game. (eg. Not 5pt for the first pawn, 4pt for second.. but order randomly)
GDC

Re: What improvements would you like to see?

Post by GDC »

All very good ideas
Ossy

Post by Ossy »

Delete game variant "Double pawn can cross bridge"
YES

Make game variant "No double pawn bridge crossing" as first choice when creating table and let game variant "Double pawn can cross bridge" be next
NO. JUST ELIMINATE DOUBLE CROSSING ENTIRELY. THIS VARIANT DIMINISHES THE STRATEGIC ASPECTS AND MAKES THE GAME MORE LUCK-BASED

Implement automatic game end when the order of players cannot be changed
YES

Implement move of one pawn using both dices at the same time
NOT A BIG DEAL. I'M OK WITH THIS EITHER WAY

Create game variant where scores in the center will be randomly distributed at the beginning of the game. (eg. Not 5pt for the first pawn, 4pt for second.. but order randomly)
BAD IDEA. THERE SHOULD BE A REWARD FOR THE FIRST TO ENTER. THIS IS A RACE GAME AFTER ALL.
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

Clicking on a selected pawn could cancel the selection, in addition to the action button.
postmans

Post by postmans »

Maybe a variant where the points in the center are connected to the lines going in, so when you arrive at a line to a 1 point you might want to move on a bit to get to a better point, but risk waiting on others to enter to the middle.

A very extreme balancing idea: you get more dice when you are on outer circles then when you are on inner circles as a balancing act (guess that's a bit to extreme).
gadfly1974

Post by gadfly1974 »

Instead of assigning 5,4,3,2,1 point for arriving in the middle, assign points differently.

For example, if I roll a 4 to land on the final bridge, give me 4 points when I cross that bridge.
gadfly1974

Post by gadfly1974 »

postmans wrote:Maybe a variant where the points in the center are connected to the lines going in, so when you arrive at a line to a 1 point you might want to move on a bit to get to a better point, but risk waiting on others to enter to the middle.
This is a GREAT idea! Pawns collect value as they cross different-value bridges.

Do I race to the center as quickly as possible for fewer points, or do I cross at high-value bridges and risk not getting any points?
xxerox

Post by xxerox »

This is a stupid idea but...

How about when you throw 2 of the same dice, you can throw them again?

I know its overused idea.
Cenobi

Post by Cenobi »

Having game variant "No double pawn crossing at bridge" be the default should be a satisfactory fix for the extreme luck factor.

One variant that I would advocate is "captured pawns return to starting space". Even if player gets unlucky with pawn captures, player will still have opportunities for strategy and can still hope to get back in contention.
chrislinn

Post by chrislinn »

I would like to see a simpler way to move a double pawn than now.
As it is I have to click the button at the top to choose that alternative.
What if I could just double click the double pawn instead?!
That would be so much quicker and easier to do.

Return to “Hypnosia”