Not clear what die is used with Alien Archaeology (+$4 with yellow die)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Tekshi

Not clear what die is used with Alien Archaeology (+$4 with yellow die)

Post by Tekshi »

No matter what die is being used it will say +$2 at the top even with the tile. Even when I clicked on a white die to scout, it ended up using my yellow die to scout.
nandblock

Re: Not clear what die is used with Alien Archaeology (+$4 with yellow die)

Post by nandblock »

Yeah. I had this happen to me several times and eventually gave up playing the game on BGA in part because of this.
Toadder

Post by Toadder »

During the explore phase, yellow dice are always used first. It's unfortunate that this isn't better communicated as losing the extra $2 really hurts when you're counting on it.
Benito Lynch

Post by Benito Lynch »

Too bad I didn't read this before my current game.
Ty-Guy6

Post by Ty-Guy6 »

Of course, it would be nice if the interface allowed you to select a die to use first, like it does with reassign powers. In the current state, you just have to know and remember that yellow dice are used first. It "got" me several times, so as I rewrote part of the "How to Play" section, I put in a warning about this issue. Hopefully, new players see this warning.

Upvote the "bug", and whenever the game gets an update, it'll be first to be fixed!
TheAlamoReborn

Post by TheAlamoReborn »

if you select the yellow die first by clicking it (it will get a red border around it), then click stock +2 you'll get the $4. Just make sure you do this first each time.
clr_bc

Post by clr_bc »

If it's not a bug, it's a feature. And this ... feature ... is very annoying. And AlamoReborn, I tried it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
mspider_89

Post by mspider_89 »

One more for "I wished I had read this before". I just had two games messed up because of this, plus some more before today. This feature could have probably be a bit more shown... It is not intuitive, specially when, for other powers, you choose the dice you want to use.
incredibul

Post by incredibul »

Classic Case of "no UX Designers on BGA". Doing automatic actions and on top of that without writing them down for the Player or any way to undo should be removed here. Actually, even in Produce the Automatic Action works, but creates uncertainty. Saving a click but adding mental load and uncertainty, don't do it.
BigTom2323

Post by BigTom2323 »

to avoid this problem I always click on the yellow dice and get money first(stock), then scout with remaining dice, Only problem is sometimes I forget to click on the yellow dice.

Return to “Roll for the Galaxy”