7 wonders - orientation of trading posts

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
paulxiep

Re: 7 wonders - orientation of trading posts

Post by paulxiep »

I just built East Trading Post expecting to be buying brown resources from my 'right' neighbor, only to discover the discount is applied to my clockwise neighbor instead. Now that game of mine is compromised because BGA implemented trading posts wrongly. That trading post is wasted. This needs fixing.
Ze Monstah

Post by Ze Monstah »

Wouldn't it be best if... BGA changed the Player's place (position), to be down instead of up? And then set the West and East as they are in the Real Life Game?

I mean, wouldn't that solve everything? 🙄
When life gives you a ZeMon, make ZeMonade...
https://youtu.be/YlmKmM3WCpM
6element

Post by 6element »

When I play a trading post, I get a discount for the player the trading post is visually pointing at, there is no difference between new / classical edition and 3 /4 player. Tried a few thousand games, still works as intended.

The only confusion is when an opponent has a trading post, it visually faces "wrong" direction. This isn't ideal and requires some getting used to, but learnable and clearly not a big deal.

PS: The difference between BGA implementation and RL is obvious - in RL cards of on opponent across the table are upside down from my perspective. In BGA they are not.
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

It seems like the problem here is not that anything is "wrong" or that there's any difference at all in how the game works, but just that people who have played the game a lot more in person rather than on BGA have come to internalize what the names "east" and "west" refer to. So when they play on BGA and see an east or west trading post, they pay no attention to which other player the arrow is pointing at on BGA, and instead just go with what they "know" east and west mean, and get it backwards.

It might be a good idea for BGA to alter the names a bit so that people who don't look at the arrows and just go by the names would be clued in to think about which direction the card really points in this implementation. Maybe they could be named "Trading Post >" and "< Trading Post", or left & right, or something like that.
6element

Post by 6element »

Could you precisely describe "the problem" with screenshots and how the change you're proposing would help?

Return to “7 Wonders”