Max Sabs option for Saboteur

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Gooorn

Re: Max Sabs option for Saboteur

Post by Gooorn »

I think 2vs5 in normal Saboteur 1 is boring.
On the other hand, uncertain number of saboteurs makes the game more interesting.
kevindola

Post by kevindola »

Count me in with those who think Max Sabs should be an option when creating a game. I only play 7 player, but 5v2 is awful. It is non competitive and very boring for both sides.

I do think that some of the problem is that almost all players play Saboteur to win the round, and not to win the game. But that's a culture of play I don't see ever changing.
Brisbane Roar

Post by Brisbane Roar »

Yes almost all of us were in agreement to have the max sabs (3) option. Instead they gave us the tournament rules, which can be interesting but ultimately was not what we were looking for. Hope it's possible to get the max sab operation going again. :D
Een

Post by Een »

Dear diggers & sabs, Christmas is upons us!

I brought up the subject again with the designer, and he agreed to make this variant available and check the statistics later to evaluate the interest of the community in this option.

So you can print it in gold lettering in the next issue of the Sabbington Post! The Max Sabs option is now available :)

I'll give some feedback to the designer in about 2 months, with statistics about how much this variant is played, and your enthusiastic comments.

Keep up the Christmas spirit while digging & sabbing ;)
CricketVT

Post by CricketVT »

Hey, Een! On behalf of all saboteurs, everywhere: thank you so much for listening and advocating for us!
Brisbane Roar

Post by Brisbane Roar »

Yes, huge thanks to Een and everyone for making this happen. We will surely be taking full advantage of it :D
Jesdebel

Post by Jesdebel »

Thanks for the advocation Een!
While I may not always use max sabs, I like having the option. When I play the card game with friends, I can adjust the sab number, selfish digger number, diggers, and more. I think it’s nice that we can have more control of the game online as well.
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you enjoy it!
Black Lioness

Post by Black Lioness »

Hi :) This new option is great. I love play in Saboteur when always is 4 diggers and 3 sabs (7 players) or 3 diggers and 2 sab (5 players).

I hope that option 'max sabs' stay forever <3
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

First let me say...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

This really shows a sense of community. Just the fact that there is communication from the designer, though bga staff, all the way to us lowly players. Thanks Een for listening and helping to make this happen.

I do think max sabs is mostly a Saboteur 1 issue. The biggest benefit is being able to play with 5, 6, or 8 players, which used to be brutal.

Thanks so much.

Return to “Saboteur”