I've been going through the reported game bugs and closing them up. Some were outdated, some were opened due to not fully understanding the rules, some are genuine bugs that I'm planning to look into.
I work best in an organised and consistent fashion, so I want to make a list of things I'm planning to work on and in what order. I'm looking for suggestions as well and I've been receiving some good ones, but it's becoming difficult to keep track of all of them, so I think making a list would definitely help all of us.
Things I'm going to work on:
- Automatic re-rolls: DaikaSan wrote:- I get this idea from Dice Forge game. In there, you can automatically exchange gold to progress the heroic feat that need gold. I think this game can do it for Relentless and Cruel command card to automatically reroll if the owner lose. Of course you can turn it off if you purposely want to reroll to lose or anything. This would hasten the game in turn-based mode since you don't need to ask opponent again every battle that can be changed.
- Add Gordian knot and Event horizon maps. Currently marked in the code as "(not available, too large)"
- Look into whether it's possible to go back 2 turns when undoing a turn to make sure a ship becomes unselected.
- Look into improving game options (table creation) rules to at least avoid some existing bugs
- Add highlighting to show available squares your ship can move to, when you have a ship selected. In particular, include the transport out options (beginners seem to not be clear about being able to transport out diagonally)
Things that I feel like I can't change without changing how BGA works:
- using scrappy with reconfigure, you can end up with the same ship you started with - I feel like this could be added as an option before beginning the game. Sadly, the current table creation screen is not up to it in my opinion.
- Updating RELOCATION to Revised Edition:RELOCATION
IMMEDIATELY MOVE A QUANTUM CUBE
Move another player's quantum cube to a planet without one of their cubes.
To look into:
- Undo all actions: DaikaSan wrote:- I get this idea from Through The Ages game in here. In there, you can undo all your moves that can be undone. I see Quantum can do that as well. Usually after i spent all of my action, i found a better moves but it's a pain to undo to the beginning. By adding so, i can just one click rather than 3 clicks (or more by using command card, ships ability, etc.). Of course this should respect that you can only undo as far as possible.
- Add some tips to explain edge cases to users. Ideally only show them when those kind of situations happen or have the possibility of happening. For example:
- Quantum entanglement
- The fact that your command cards only take effect at the start of next turn (e.g. if you get to pick 2 cards, then you can't pick Stealthy and Expansion and use Stealthy to deploy that new ship)
- The fact that you have Curious enabled
If you have any other suggestions - let me know. I'm happy to discuss and if we can come up with a feasible solution - I can add it to the list.