Specialization: incorrect wording

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Kummiseta

Specialization: incorrect wording

Post by Kummiseta »

Should I report it here? The technology card Specialization has incorrect wording, when I put my cursor on it: "+1influence for each resource type you trade turn."
In the picture of the card it says "+1 influence for each resource of that type you trade this turn."
Een

Re: Specialization: incorrect wording

Post by Een »

Thanks for the bug report, this has been fixed.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

A lot of the other card text strings didn't update either, were they also fixed?
Een

Post by Een »

No idea what you mean. Do you have a specific case?
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Original string:
Settle 1 Planet. Settle another planet OR +1 Colony.

Edited string/Actual card text:
Settle 1 Planet. [should preferably have a <br> here] Settle another Planet OR +1 Colony.
-
Original string:
Draw 1 Card. Remove up to 3 cards in hand from the game.

Draw 1 card. Remove up to 3 cards in hand from the game.
-
Original string:
Draw 2 Cards. Remove any number of cards in hand from the game.

Draw 2 cards. Remove any number of cards in hand from the game.
-
Original string:
Your standard Research Role cards gain all symbols. They can be used to boost or follow any role.

Your standard Research Role cards gain all symbols. They can be used to Boost or Follow any role.
-
Original string:
You may remove any number of cards from hand each turn.

You may remove any number of cards in hand from the game each turn.
-
Original string:
+1 Influence for each TYPE of Resource your produce this turn.

+1 Influence for each TYPE of Resource you produce this turn.
-
Original string:
Collect 2 Fighters. You may Attack 1 Planet after your Role Phase this turn.

Collect 2 Fighters. You may Attack 1 Planet after your Role phase this turn.
-
Original string:
Take top Planet of the planet deck and put it into your Empire face down.

Take the top card of the Planet deck and put it into your Empire face down.
-
Original string:
-2 to your Warfare costs. When you Attack a Planet leave a Fighter on it. That Planet cannot store resources

-2 to your Warfare costs. When you Attack a Planet, leave a Fighter on it. That Planet cannot store Resources.
-
Original string:
Add this card to a Planet as 2 Colonies. If this fulfills Colonized cost, Settle the planet.<p><p><i class='errnote'>Note: This rule is from 2nd edition of this card where its not restricted to printed Colonize cost.</i>

Add this card to a Planet as 2 Colonies. If that fulfills the Colonize cost, Settle that Planet.<p><p><i class='errnote'>Note: This is the 2nd-print version of this card, in which Empire Colonize symbols are counted.</i>
-
Original string:
Play the Action and Role phases of your turn in any order. At the end of the game, take an additional turn.<p><p><i class='errnote'>Note: This rule is from 3rd edition of this card</i>

Play the Action and Role phases of your turn in any order. At the end of the game, take an additional turn.<p><p><i class='errnote'>Note: This is the 3rd-print version of this card.</i>
-
Original string:
Produce 4 Resources. When you Settle or Attack a Planet produce 2 Resources.<p><p><i class='errnote'>Note: This rule is from 3rd edition of this card. Due to technical limitations you will get resources on random planets when it's ability is triggered.</i>

Produce 4 Resources. When you Settle or Attack a Planet, Produce 2 Resources.<p><p><i class='errnote'>Note: This is the 3rd-print version of this card. Resources from this card will be produced on random planets due to technical limitations.</i>
-
Original string:
When following a role +<div class='icon survey'></div><div class='icon warfare'></div><div class='icon produce'></div><div class='icon trade'></div><div class='icon research'></div>.<p> You may use Leader Bonus when Following the Colonize and Warfare roles.<p><p><i class='errnote'>Note: This rule is from 3rd edition of this card.</i>

When following a role: +<div class='icon survey'></div><div class='icon warfare'></div><div class='icon produce'></div><div class='icon trade'></div><div class='icon research'></div>.<p> You may use the Leader Bonus when Following the Colonize and Warfare Roles.<p><p><i class='errnote'>Note: This is the 3rd-print version of this card.</i>
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

None of these card text tooltip strings updated to the edited string.

The errors in the original strings are mostly insignificant though.
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks, didn't need so many ;)
So just to be clear you edited the strings in English in the translation system to fix them, but the changes didn't propagate to the game, correct?
Then something must be wrong with the translation file and block changes. I'll check it.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Een wrote:So just to be clear you edited the strings in English in the translation system to fix them, but the changes didn't propagate to the game, correct?
Yep.
Een

Post by Een »

Actually, no translation at all is applied to the action text on tech cards tooltips. It's a game bug, I'll look into it.
Een

Post by Een »

I fixed the tooltip builder in the game code and translations are now correctly applied.

Return to “Eminent Domain”