How to hire a citizen ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
vigorousRoll

How to hire a citizen ?

Post by vigorousRoll »

This is my first game. It is the start of my second turn within the first round and my option up at the top is "You must do an action with a group of dice or pass." I'd like to place a citizen on one of the three activity cards but I don't have any spare citizens in my personal supply. There are 7 citizens of my color in the general supply. The rules say that "Before countering a black die, or executing an action, you may spend your influence points in various ways, in addition to your main action". I'd like to go ahead spend the required 2 influence points to hire a new citizen before i assemble the group of dice i'm going to use to place that citizen on the desired activity card. But as i run my cursor over the entire board, i'm not finding a spot that allows me to do this. That cursor becomes live when I move it over the two spots that allow me to reroll or flip dice. It becomes live when I move it over one of my citizens in the Bishopric/Palace/City Hall. It becomes live when i move it over one of the activity cards. But when i place it over the 7 available citizens in the general supply, the cursor doesn't change. That's where I'd expect to be clicking if i wanted to hire a new citizen. So what do I need to do ?
RicardoRix

Re: How to hire a citizen ?

Post by RicardoRix »

you chose your dice first, this it will decide the multiplier, or how many times the event card gets activated. Then select the event card (or building).
nandblock

Re: How to hire a citizen ?

Post by nandblock »

Just take the action you want with some dice. If it requires a citizen, the program will ask you if you want to hire for 2 influence or (if you already have citizens in your supply) whether to use them. Or click on a citizen already on the board to use it.

Return to “Troyes”