BETA: Fast turn based

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Paddles
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 March 2012, 12:04

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby Paddles » 29 December 2018, 05:21

truecolors wrote:The tournament I created here shows actual playing hours: https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!tournament?id=25205. I agree that this is super confusing.


As an aid to testing, can you confirm what the playing hours for your tournament should be? I'm in UTC+1100, the playing hours it shows to me are 09:00 → 21:00. So this suggests the playing hours are 22:00 to 10:00 UTC, or 16:00 to 04:00 Chicago time (UTC-0600). Is this correct?

truecolors
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 November 2018, 02:06

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby truecolors » 29 December 2018, 16:15

Paddles wrote:
truecolors wrote:The tournament I created here shows actual playing hours: https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!tournament?id=25205. I agree that this is super confusing.


As an aid to testing, can you confirm what the playing hours for your tournament should be? I'm in UTC+1100, the playing hours it shows to me are 09:00 → 21:00. So this suggests the playing hours are 22:00 to 10:00 UTC, or 16:00 to 04:00 Chicago time (UTC-0600). Is this correct?


It shows to me as 09:00->21:00 as well so I assumed that meant those times in my time zone or 15:00->03:00 UTC. It’s very confusing that it shows as the same times for you.

User avatar
Pedros
Posts: 47
Joined: 07 January 2015, 17:03

Re: BETA: Fast turn based : Major tournament bug

Postby Pedros » 30 December 2018, 02:26

OK. Others spotted this as a potential problem before I got near it, but I've just experienced my first Fast tb-based tournament. No "playing time" was listed on the entry page and so it defaulted to being 12 hours from the time of the tournament start - 11pm in England. This means it is absolutely impossible for me to keep to the time limits.

There may be no way around this, but if so the least that can be done is for the "Clock counts down" line in the entry form to say what the time will be. But it will severely restrict the number of entries. There should also be a warning on the tournament creation page!

User avatar
sourisdudesert
Administrateur
Posts: 3622
Joined: 23 January 2010, 22:02

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby sourisdudesert » 30 December 2018, 10:15

Hi

I confirm that there is currently an issue with Fast Based tournaments. It will be fixed soon, but while Fast Turn based is in Beta we recommand not to create tournament with Fast Turn based.

Other turn based tournaments are not concerned by the problem (please ignore the playing hours: there are NOT applied anyway).

Thanks for your feedback on this !

User avatar
tchobello
Posts: 111
Joined: 18 March 2012, 13:19

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby tchobello » 06 January 2019, 11:48

Hello

we have many issues with that game mode in a Dungeon Twister Tournament.
https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!tournament?id=24784

Only few games can end before time limit.
I've just lost a game because it took too much time to get back to normal after a major implementation bug.

User avatar
sourisdudesert
Administrateur
Posts: 3622
Joined: 23 January 2010, 22:02

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby sourisdudesert » 06 January 2019, 11:55

@tchobello:

Sorry about your issues, but your tournament is not using Fast Turn based feature, so this is not related to this topic.


@others:

I am working now on the "playing hours" display bug on tournament pages. It should be fixed within the next 24 hours.

User avatar
tchobello
Posts: 111
Joined: 18 March 2012, 13:19

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby tchobello » 06 January 2019, 16:42

sourisdudesert wrote:@tchobello:
Sorry about your issues, but your tournament is not using Fast Turn based feature, so this is not related to this topic.

sorry, I thought
"Horaires de jeu : L'horloge ne diminue pas en dehors des heures de jeu" was refering to the topic as time was also decreasing at nights.

User avatar
sourisdudesert
Administrateur
Posts: 3622
Joined: 23 January 2010, 22:02

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby sourisdudesert » 07 January 2019, 15:32

Dear all,

The tournament bugs has been fixed:
_ "Playing hours" is no more displayed for realtime tournaments.
_ "24 hours a day (no playing hours)" is now displayed when there are no defined playing hours for turn based tournaments.
_ Playing hours are now displayed on tournament list for concerned tournaments.

Based on this, it is now recommended to create tournaments with playing hours for those who want to play fast turn based tournaments.

augustjologs
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 July 2018, 04:22

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby augustjologs » 13 January 2019, 06:27

If the table has not met the minimum number of players by the time the game is set to start, what happens? Does it get cancelled? Wait for minimum number of players to sign up and start on next day to coincide with playing hours?

truecolors
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 November 2018, 02:06

Re: BETA: Fast turn based

Postby truecolors » 16 January 2019, 16:25

sourisdudesert wrote:Dear all,

The tournament bugs has been fixed:
_ "Playing hours" is no more displayed for realtime tournaments.
_ "24 hours a day (no playing hours)" is now displayed when there are no defined playing hours for turn based tournaments.
_ Playing hours are now displayed on tournament list for concerned tournaments.

Based on this, it is now recommended to create tournaments with playing hours for those who want to play fast turn based tournaments.

I don't think that playing hours are working properly for tournaments. My tournament (https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!tournament?id=25623) started at 10AM CST on Monday and gave each player 30 hrs of thinking time with playing hours between 10am and 10pm CST each day. By that logic, I don't think anyone should be out of time yet, but these two games at least have players out of time.

https://en.1.boardgamearena.com/sechsni ... e=47640399
https://en.1.boardgamearena.com/sechsni ... e=47640431


Return to “Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Meeple Fool and 5 guests