Read the rules before posting bug

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
A-dam

Read the rules before posting bug

Post by A-dam »

I would like to appeal to all players with difficulties of building front page to read the rules carefully before posting bugs.

I have absolutely no problem of helping an explaining the rules to anybody, but investigating "bugs" that you cannot build the front page as you would like over and over again takes some time. So please, look at the rules first, you will most probably find the explenation there, or ask other more experienced players

I know reading the rules is not favourite activity, but it can be beneficial sometimes :)
diamant

Re: Read the rules before posting bug

Post by diamant »

A-dam wrote:I know reading the rules is not favourite activity, but it can be beneficial sometimes :)
Reading the rules is useless, because there are unintelligible regarding top news beat and when you build your page, the player cannot know which stories are from top news beat and has not the opportunity to check where the stories come from.
A-dam

Post by A-dam »

diamant wrote:the player cannot know which stories are from top news beat and has not the opportunity to check where the stories come from.
This is absolutely not true, above all top news beat stories you have a text indicating it:
topindicator-min.png
topindicator-min.png (195.84 KiB) Viewed 17115 times
Also, you can use the white arrow on the left, on clicking, panels will slide and it will gives you the whole view of the board.
panelslider-min.png
panelslider-min.png (189.81 KiB) Viewed 17115 times
Een

Post by Een »

Also diamant, please take the time and effort to make sure before posting that you communicate in a considerate and kind manner.

On that topic, an entry about communication has been recently added in the FAQ: https://boardgamearena.com/#!faq?anchor ... munication
diamant

Post by diamant »

A-dam wrote:
diamant wrote:the player cannot know which stories are from top news beat and has not the opportunity to check where the stories come from.
This is absolutely not true, above all top news beat stories you have a text indicating it:
Thank you for your explanation. This was not clear for me, for 2 reasons :

1) when I had to build my page, I replayed the last moves, and after that, my 2 articles were available to build the page, and I tried to place the bigger one (3×2) in first, but no location could be validated (I think there was the same text above the 2 stories).

2) the translated sentence in french for TOP BEAT NEWS! was longer than the english one, so it was hardly readable because this text is formatted according to the width of the story. I will decrease the length of this translation.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Een wrote:Also diamant, please take the time and effort to make sure before posting that you communicate in a considerate and kind manner.

On that topic, an entry about communication has been recently added in the FAQ: https://boardgamearena.com/#!faq?anchor ... munication
En me référant au lien de votre message, un ami est avant tout une personne à qui il est possible de parler franchement. L'amabilité, cela concerne tout le monde.
Een

Post by Een »

diamant wrote:
Een wrote:Also diamant, please take the time and effort to make sure before posting that you communicate in a considerate and kind manner.

En me référant au lien de votre message, un ami est avant tout une personne à qui il est possible de parler franchement. L'amabilité, cela concerne tout le monde.
Being straightforward is different from being aggressive. And the FAQ mentions hosting friends (some of them that you may not know very well) at home and making sure they feel well, not talking over a beer with your best buddy. Also, switching language, making it impossible for the original poster to follow what's happening in this thread is not really nice or friendly either.

Anyway your second message in reply to A-dam was much nicer than the previous one. Thank you for taking the remark into account!
A-dam

Post by A-dam »

diamant wrote: Thank you for your explanation.

Im glad we understand each other now ;)
diamant wrote:This was not clear for me, for 2 reasons :
2) the translated sentence in french for TOP BEAT NEWS! was longer than the english one, so it was hardly readable because this text is formatted according to the width of the story. I will decrease the length of this translation.
The size of the text is adjusted according to the text length. So, shorter means bigger and also better visible...

Return to “Penny Press”