Rematch does not randomize order of players

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
watercourse

Rematch does not randomize order of players

Postby watercourse » 14 January 2019, 17:44

Noticed this on on Puerto Rico and Carcassone, don't know if it affects other games . . . when choosing a rematch, the player order is never changed, it remains the same and this can be bad in a mixed ability group.

Also do you guys accept Bitcoin Cash yet ? I want to renew my membership but I can't use credit cards.

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Rematch does not randomize order of players

Postby sourisdudesert » 14 January 2019, 18:04

About the rematch:

The rematch keep the player order but the 1st player is changed to the next player. This is the basic principle of a rematch (playing with the same person + change the player who starts the game). If you want to randomize the player order, you shouldn't use the rematch option.

About Bitcoin: sorry, we used to accept Bitcoin but like many other websites (ex: Steam) we stopped, for exactly the same reasons than the others.

Jest Phulin

Postby Jest Phulin » 14 January 2019, 23:07

While I agree that switching first player makes sense in a rematch for 2-player games, I do not see the logic for it in games of more than that. If the player order stays the same but just switches first player, does that mean that I'll have the same neighbors in 7 consecutive games of 7 wonders?

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Postby sourisdudesert » 14 January 2019, 23:19

... in fact the 7 Wonders case has been reported and this feature has been disabled for this game.

Return to “Suggestions”