Traducción en español, opiniones Stir Fry Eighteen

Traducción Española
vichy

Traducción en español, opiniones Stir Fry Eighteen

Post by vichy »

He empezado a jugar este juego y hay algo que me chirría bastante. Las imágenes de las cartas están en inglés, y nosotros hemos traducido al castellano. El texto de por ejemplo la salsa de soja te dice que sumas 2 puntos si lo cocinas con cebolletas, pero no hay una imagen que ponga cebolletas sino green onions. ¿No os parece que junto a la traducción en español deberíamos poner también el nombre de los ingredientes en inglés entre paréntesis? Este juego lo veo muy complicado de jugar bien si no sabes inglés

eoc

Re: Traducción en español, opiniones Stir Fry Eighteen

Post by eoc »

Ideally, the card pictures would only show the images with the text being added by BGA (and thus available for localization). Until that is the case, I agree with you that showing the corresponding English name for ingredients in these tooltips might be a good solution!
vichy

Post by vichy »

Thanks for your opinion!

The truth is that the ideal would be that the images were translated. this is just a patch...

@een I can edit images. If I translate the cards, could they be modified for the game in Spanish?
Een

Post by Een »

vichy wrote: 19 May 2019, 18:38 @een I can edit images. If I translate the cards, could they be modified for the game in Spanish?
Well, BGA is available in 41 languages now, we can't have a set of images for each language ;)

The right way to have cards fully translated is to clean up the English text then overlay translated text in a transparent text box.

I'm not sure I quite followed what was the problem about having just tooltips translated, but if there is a serious gameplay issue for people who don't speak English, you can raise the issue in the bug system for the developer to look at it. He is German, so he should be able to see the issue also in his language.
eoc

Post by eoc »

Een wrote: 20 May 2019, 08:39 I'm not sure I quite followed what was the problem about having just tooltips translated
I'll try to clarify, sorry if I'm re-stating something very obvious in the process ;-) Please refer to the tooltip included with the initial post if something's unclear!

Ingredients are represented by cards. A brief scoring info-text is included on each card. Hovering such a card explains the scoring in greater detail than the text present on the card. The text included with the card image is always English, while the tooltips are localized.

These tooltips now explain the card effects while referring to (in this case Spanish) names for ingredients, but those Spanish names are not displayed on the actual ingredient cards. The cards themselves always only refer to the English name, both for their own name and the scoring possibilities in combination with other ingredients.
=> the card "Soy Sauce" shows the title "Soy Sauce" and tells you that it's worth 3 points if card "Ginger" is present, 2 points if card "Green Onion" is present, and 1 point if combined with neither of those. The tooltip however refers to "Jengibre" and "Cebolletas" respectively, which are correct(-ish) translations of the ingredients in question – but those names are not displayed anywhere unless you hover over (English-titled) cards!

For ingredient combinations which you have in hand / see on the table, the problem is not a deal-breaker, since you can probably piece together which of the pictures the Spanish ingredient name refers to. If you want to know which card(s) to look out for, however, it is fairly odd and definitely not user-friendly.
vichy

Post by vichy »

Een wrote: 20 May 2019, 08:39 I'm not sure I quite followed what was the problem about having just tooltips translated, but if there is a serious gameplay issue for people who don't speak English, you can raise the issue in the bug system for the developer to look at it. He is German, so he should be able to see the issue also in his language.

It is not at all a problem so serious that a developer has to review his game. Surely if I did not have a friend who does not know any English I would not have thought on it. If no one else has complained, it will not be something to pay special attention to. For Spanish it is already corrected (I added the english name in parentheses)

eoc wrote: 20 May 2019, 22:29 I'll try to clarify, sorry if I'm re-stating something very obvious in the process ;-)
Thank you very much! :)
Crowner

Post by Crowner »

vichy wrote: 01 May 2019, 10:19 He empezado a jugar este juego y hay algo que me chirría bastante. Las imágenes de las cartas están en inglés, y nosotros hemos traducido al castellano. El texto de por ejemplo la salsa de soja te dice que sumas 2 puntos si lo cocinas con cebolletas, pero no hay una imagen que ponga cebolletas sino green onions. ¿No os parece que junto a la traducción en español deberíamos poner también el nombre de los ingredientes en inglés entre paréntesis? Este juego lo veo muy complicado de jugar bien si no sabes inglés

Bueno de última hay que ir utilizando traductor.
Realmente hay muchos juegos en el mundo que precisan conocer algo de inglés.

Return to “Español - es”