Same number of lines as English problem

BGA localization discussions
Evreka

Same number of lines as English problem

Post by Evreka » 13 July 2019, 06:51

I've tried several times now to translate longer email letter texts from English (to Swedish) but I imagine this problem is not necessarily language specific. Every time I get a red "X" for not matching the original message's number of line breaks.
* I've tried making my text match the same appearance as the English one by adding line breaks in the same places - doesn't work.
* I've tried to just replace the machine translated words (where appropriate) and leave the text in a jumble with no line breaks - doesn't work.

I don't know if it is an issue with actual hard line breaks or whether it might be that certain words/sentences in Swedish is either longer or shorter than the original in some places?

Has anyone else ever hit this problem and how did you solve it?

qwertasdfg

Re: Same number of lines as English problem

Post by qwertasdfg » 13 July 2019, 07:54

It's never about any words being shorter or longer. That requirement only concerns hard line breaks \n

If you want to have a better look at where real line breaks are you can drag both the English and the Swedish text boxes so that they are a bit larger

Evreka

Re: Same number of lines as English problem

Post by Evreka » 13 July 2019, 21:08

qwertasdfg wrote:
13 July 2019, 07:54
It's never about any words being shorter or longer. That requirement only concerns hard line breaks \n

If you want to have a better look at where real line breaks are you can drag both the English and the Swedish text boxes so that they are a bit larger
Thanks for the clarification, I'll try that. :)

Return to “Translations”