rotating tiles

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
cirdan

rotating tiles

Post by cirdan »

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but how are you supposed to manually rotate the tiles? I see how moving the cursor moves them in some direction, but not others. And I realize that you have to put it up next to a tile of the same type.
tchobello

Re: rotating tiles

Post by tchobello »

you can rotate them first, by clicking on one of the squares, before sending them into the map.
cirdan

Post by cirdan »

thanks. That is obvious once you point it out.
ajlaursen

Post by ajlaursen »

is there anyway to rotate once they have been moved to the map?
ringersoll

Post by ringersoll »

no... press cancel taking it off the map... and then rotate it before bringing it back to the map
Giordano Bruno 1974

Post by Giordano Bruno 1974 »

It's a very minor grumble but I wish you could rotate the pieces whilst placing them in your kingdom.
juss100

Post by juss100 »

Giordano Bruno 1974 wrote: 21 July 2020, 17:33 It's a very minor grumble but I wish you could rotate the pieces whilst placing them in your kingdom.
It's less than minor for me as this makes it quite awkward playing on my tablet. It's hard to scroll down, consider my move, scroll up, rotate correctly, scroll back etc. etc. It would be a handy fix!
Giordano Bruno 1974

Post by Giordano Bruno 1974 »

juss100 wrote: 22 July 2020, 08:01
Giordano Bruno 1974 wrote: 21 July 2020, 17:33 It's a very minor grumble but I wish you could rotate the pieces whilst placing them in your kingdom.
It's less than minor for me as this makes it quite awkward playing on my tablet. It's hard to scroll down, consider my move, scroll up, rotate correctly, scroll back etc. etc. It would be a handy fix!
I have to do the same on a laptop.

But I think it's fair to acknowledge that this is a very good game that I enjoy playing at little cost that somebody worked on for free.

I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill here.
juss100

Post by juss100 »

Giordano Bruno 1974 wrote: 23 July 2020, 18:56
juss100 wrote: 22 July 2020, 08:01
I have to do the same on a laptop.

But I think it's fair to acknowledge that this is a very good game that I enjoy playing at little cost that somebody worked on for free.

I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill here.
That perhaps came off stronger than I meant it to. It's a wonderful implementation of a game I'm thoroughly enjoying. I guess perhaps because I'm playing a lot of it and switching between PC and tablet it's something I have a bit of a gripe with - but absolutely, I'm really grateful for this.
SDJMcHattie

Post by SDJMcHattie »

As a developer I can see why they choose to only let you rotate the tile before placing it. When it’s in the kingdom it only appears in positions it can legally be placed. Rotating the tile may not be possible in its current position which would be frustrating for other reasons. It’s possible you wouldn’t be able to move it to another position on the board at all if you can’t rotate it in place and it needs to be rotated before it can be moved.

Return to “Kingdomino”