Multiple Yahtzee

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
brian block

Multiple Yahtzee

Post by brian block »

I rolled my second Yahtzee in a game but cannot claim the points for it. It says "50 +100" in the box but I can't select it. How do I do it?
senatorhung

Re: Multiple Yahtzee

Post by senatorhung »

just have to claim the current roll in one of the open spaces .. you will get the bonus yahtzee scored added to the yahtzee line afterwards automatically.
Holdenbj

Post by Holdenbj »

I played a guy today that got 2 Yahtzees and he scored the second one as a large straight. That seems a little broken to me. I feel like the second yahtze should be scored in a legit space- top section or 3,4 of a kind, possibly full house. Chance would always be fair. Scoring it as a large straight should give you zero points imo, though you would still get the bonus 100 pts.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

Holdenbj wrote: 27 September 2020, 17:27 I played a guy today that got 2 Yahtzees and he scored the second one as a large straight. That seems a little broken to me. I feel like the second yahtze should be scored in a legit space- top section or 3,4 of a kind, possibly full house. Chance would always be fair. Scoring it as a large straight should give you zero points imo, though you would still get the bonus 100 pts.
It’s always been a rule of Yahtzee though - not just on BGA - that it acts like a wildcard and can be used as a straight.

Note that you can only do that if the relevant number has been scored in the top - otherwise you have to score it there.
Holdenbj

Post by Holdenbj »

I see now that joker rules have always been in yahtzee. You learn something every day :)
Nébru

Post by Nébru »

C'est une règle idiote et injuste : l'adversaire ne peut pas remonter après ça, donc il n'y a plus de jeu.
Souvent le jouer "concède la victoire", il n'y a plus d'intérêt…
mickalot

Post by mickalot »

I believe the treatment of multiple Yahztees is different in different editions of the game. According to the rules that came in my physical game box, a player can:

(1) Score the total of the 5 dice in the appropriate upper section box.
(2) If that box is full, fill the 3 of a Kind or 4 of a Kind boxes in the lower section with your 5 dice total.
(3) If they, too, are full, use your Chance or "steal" any of the combos with your 5-of-a-kind dice. Score as normal, e.g., Full House is 25 points.
(4) If you've already scored ZERO in your YAHTZEE box, you can't get a Yahtzee bonus of 100 points. (Sorry!). But you can still score as detailed above in steps 1-3.

Those rules match the ones on Hasbro's site (c)2012: https://www.hasbro.com/common/documents ... BA9D86.pdf

But also on their site, they have a copy of (c)1996 instructions that match BGA's implementation:
https://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/yahtzee.pdf

If someone is bothered enough by the choice of rules, perhaps they can request that the developers add an option for different scoring systems for multiple Yahztees? (FWIW, my family's house rules are that we only permit multiple Yahztees to be in a category for which they would already be eligible, such as an upper box, a 3-of-a-kind, 4-of-a-kind, full house, or chance...not straights...and if the score is non-zero, you get the 100 point bonus.)

Return to “Yahtzee”