Translating to Hungarian

Magyar fordítás
eznemfoglalt

Translating to Hungarian

Post by eznemfoglalt »

Hi there!

I've just stumbled upon this website and started using (maybe a bit too much even) it. In some chill free time i checked the news on the site and this page: https://boardgamearena.com/news?f=10&t= ... +system%21 was unreadable in hungarian. I guess i could always switch to english but the text was about making the site available for non-english speakers too. So I wanted to try to help fix it, but I could not find that site to translate anywhere I searched.
Did I miss something somewhere or can I somehow fix the mistakes of I guess a machine (because it's not simply bad translation but more like the one google usually does)?

Thank you for your time, if you are reading and answering to this,

Peter
eznemfoglalt

Re: Translating to Hungarian

Post by eznemfoglalt »

Ohh, i think i found the button to correct that page, and reading it in English made me realise it explained exactly this situatuion. A machine translates and players perfect it, still even in this forum there are strange things like "TémaCOLON" and "BUTTON_POST_REPLY". So if i can help with anything be sure to let me know :)

Yours sincerely
Last edited by eznemfoglalt on 29 August 2019, 02:40, edited 2 times in total.
eznemfoglalt

Post by eznemfoglalt »

While correcting i found a spelling mistake in the original English text, where should i propose the correction in a comment? I tried to search for the modul or search for the word in the translations menu, but no results came up.

Quoting:

..."in the weeks to come, and this new functionnality should allow us in the future to open the website in"...

functionality is incorrect here, thus the translator could not find the correct word for it.

(not sure how much of a problem it is, it was in this very text to point out these kind of mistakes).

And this will be all of me for the day, gn8 for me :)
Wish i knew what all these "COLON"s are :P
Wish i knew what all these "COLON"s are :P
Képkivágá.JPG (11.78 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks for your help in improving the Hungarian translations!

Changing the English text for that news would make a different sentence in the system that would have to be retranslated in all other languages, so actually it's better to leave this typo about "functionality", once a news is published it's published :) Even if machine translation didn't get it right because of the typo it has probably been corrected by a human translator in most languages.
eznemfoglalt

Post by eznemfoglalt »

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah in that case, it makes sense to leave it as it is. Still, these COLON things are strange on this forum :)
I'll try to translate then, when i have any free time :)

Have a nice day!
Een

Post by Een »

eznemfoglalt wrote: 30 August 2019, 08:54 Still, these COLON things are strange on this forum :)
Ah those are something else actually, for the forum the translation comes with a language pack of the phpbb forum software, it's not content produced by us. So you won't find those strings to translate in the bga translation system. Maybe there is a better language pack now for Hungarian, we would have to check that next time we upgrade the forum.
eznemfoglalt

Post by eznemfoglalt »

One last question: How do i get points for translating? I didn't get any so far, despite translating several articles. How does that work?

Thank you in advance
Een

Post by Een »

Points are granted when the translation is validated (30 days after the last modification).

Please see https://boardgamearena.com/faq?anchor=faq_translations

Return to “Magyar - hu”