General information about tournaments

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
humske

General information about tournaments

Post by humske » 13 September 2019, 12:01

I checked a couple of the faq eustions but mine wasn't answered there.
And I can't find any other general information about tournaments.

1. How does a tournament start? Do you get a message about who you're up against or are the games automatically made/started with the right opponent?
2. Can you participate in a tournament if you don't have a upgraded membership and the game can only be started by upgraded members (For example carcassonne?)
3. Do you have to put in results yourself or does that happen automatically?

eoc

Re: General information about tournaments

Post by eoc » 13 September 2019, 12:22

humske wrote:
13 September 2019, 12:01
1. How does a tournament start? Do you get a message about who you're up against or are the games automatically made/started with the right opponent?
The tables are created automatically. You also get a notification (just like with turn-based tables) that it's your turn to play when you visit BGA, similar to the new "You are playing ..." banner. For single-elimination tournaments, the entire seeded bracket is published at tournament start, so you know who you're going to play (but not necessarily when, since some games of one round can finish before others). A Swiss system needs all tables of one round to finish before launching the next one, and a round-robin tournament starts all its tables at the same time.

humske wrote:
2. Can you participate in a tournament if you don't have a upgraded membership and the game can only be started by upgraded members (For example carcassonne?)
All tournament games start automatically, even if it's a premium game and the table has no premium member as player. Since somebody needed a premium membership to launch the tournament, that's okay I guess :)

humske wrote:
3. Do you have to put in results yourself or does that happen automatically?
All tournament games are evaluated automatically. You don't have to track anything manually.

humske

Re: General information about tournaments

Post by humske » 13 September 2019, 12:35

thanks for answering these questions!
Just one more question popped up:

A tournament has: number of players. For example the carcassonne classic tournament 23 has 15/15 (minimum 2)
Does that mean that 15 is the max participants? Because it still says that you can register for the tournament?

I will participate in a competition soon I guess!

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”