Possible for 2 Premium account in single household?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
VanHlebar

Possible for 2 Premium account in single household?

Post by VanHlebar » 06 October 2019, 03:17

Both my GF and I enjoy playing board games. There are a number of games here that I have been playing that I know she would enjoy. We do not always have the time to sit down and get the physical games out and play, but we do both enjoy playing async games. I do get the possible abuse of this and see why it probably isn't available, but thougth I would ask anyways.

I did see that there is a beta for the "hot seat" mode which is great, but frankly if we had the time to play like that I would just break out the game itself. :)

Jest Phulin

Re: Possible for 2 Premium account in single household?

Post by Jest Phulin » 06 October 2019, 03:51

Could you rephrase your question? Are you looking to have two premium accounts from the same house on at the same time?

If you are worried about the apparent abuse of two people playing against each other often, especially from the same IP, the easy solution is to always play games in Training Mode. The abuse often happens with one person feeding ELO to the other. In Training Mode, no ELO adjustments are made.

VanHlebar

Post by VanHlebar » 16 October 2019, 01:05

So what I am looking for is the ability for my GF and myself to both have our won Premium accounts and to both be able to play. There could be times when we both are at home on our individual laptops and able to play and then there will be many other times when we are not able to play at the same time and might be in different areas.

I just wasn't sure if there was an restriction from having to Premium Accounts in the same household (ie same IP Address).

Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin » 16 October 2019, 12:21

I know of no restriction. It should be no problem for multiple people to have premium accounts, regardless of the IP address they normally log in with. (But, I'm not an admin of this site, and don't know everything, so I could be wrong.)

shadowphiar

Post by shadowphiar » 16 October 2019, 15:00

My wife and I do this all the time, and have no problems.

Return to “Discussions”