Re: What is your favourite board game NOT on BGA?

General discussion on board games
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

We've read a few lists of favourite games . . . please pick one and tell why you prefer to play it in person.

Remember . . . this topic is not about games you hope will be added to BGA . . . rather this topic is about games you enjoy to play NOT ON BGA.

Tell us why you would rather play your fav game in person . . . and tell us why your fav game is better played in person . . . and tell us why you recommend your fav game to play among friends at the local board game cafe . . . and tell us why your fav game is more fun to play at home around the kitchen table.

Let's celebrate your fav board game . . . the box . . . the cards . . . the tokens . . . all the bits and pieces that you can hold in your hands!

PLEASE . . . no more lists of games you hope will appear at BGA!
T72on1

Re: What is your favourite board game to play offline?

Post by T72on1 »

As for newer games, that would be Barrage. Older ones, Dungeon Twister for sure!
bagofnails

Post by bagofnails »

Jenga. :)
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

Jenga is a cool game. The library where I work has a giant-sized version . . . and the kids just love playing!
TDG

Post by TDG »

Well, I guess then I'll have to go with Champions of Midgard! There is something just so satisfying about throwing a bunch of dice down a dice tower and hoping you can kill whatever it is your fighting. My friends and I sometimes stand when it turns into a bigger fight and there is a legitimate chance of losing. Gets even more exciting!
Janetta wrote: 28 September 2022, 23:54 We've read a few lists of favourite games . . . please pick one and tell why you prefer to play it in person.

Remember . . . this topic is not about games you hope will be added to BGA . . . rather this topic is about games you enjoy to play NOT ON BGA.

Tell us why you would rather play your fav game in person . . . and tell us why your fav game is better played in person . . . and tell us why you recommend your fav game to play among friends at the local board game cafe . . . and tell us why your fav game is more fun to play at home around the kitchen table.

Let's celebrate your fav board game . . . the box . . . the cards . . . the tokens . . . all the bits and pieces that you can hold in your hands!

suburbia

Post by suburbia »

Kanban ev
Lisboa
Dune imperium
The gallerist
Dominant species
Age of steam
Imperial 2030
Vinhos deluxe
Arkwright
Blindmetaller

Post by Blindmetaller »

Hi,

Definitely Android: Netrunner. I'm really hoping to see it on BGA someday, it's not an easy porting but it can be done for sure. It's an asymmetrical LCG heavily immersive in its cyberpunk setting and it has a great depth and replayability.

I've the core set currently, but I'm considering buying expansion sets
fiscused

Post by fiscused »

Magic Realm, the classic and very complicated fantasy board game by Richard Hamblen! There's just so much in the box, and there's still a huge community of fans!
Nase2008

Post by Nase2008 »

Jambo / Asante. Such a beautiful game.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

TheDaddyGamer wrote: 13 December 2022, 01:10 Well, I guess then I'll have to go with Champions of Midgard! There is something just so satisfying about throwing a bunch of dice down a dice tower and hoping you can kill whatever it is your fighting. My friends and I sometimes stand when it turns into a bigger fight and there is a legitimate chance of losing. Gets even more exciting!
Janetta wrote: 28 September 2022, 23:54 We've read a few lists of favourite games . . . please pick one and tell why you prefer to play it in person.

I played that one for the first time last week. Very fun game indeed. And in fact we ended standing up most of the time at the later part of the game :p .

Fun fact: the game is actually in alpha here on BGA. Not so fun fact: development is on a hold currently, as the original developer is no longer working on it :( .

Return to “Discuss about board games”