Re: What is your favourite board game NOT on BGA?

General discussion on board games
Figurwar

Post by Figurwar »

Counter Attack the football strategy game !
Livini

Post by Livini »

Probably Codenames Duet. I'd love to see this (or the ordinary Codenames, but I've never played that) added so I can play it more often :). But it is definitely best irl with a friend or family member: knowing each other well adds a lot to the game, since you can use inside jokes, shared fandoms and all kinds of other niche stuff as hints.
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

Livini wrote: 20 April 2024, 15:35 Probably Codenames Duet. I'd love to see this (or the ordinary Codenames, but I've never played that) added so I can play it more often :). But it is definitely best irl with a friend or family member: knowing each other well adds a lot to the game, since you can use inside jokes, shared fandoms and all kinds of other niche stuff as hints.
Hello Livini . . . original poster here . . . I also enjoy Codenames Duet. I play it with family and so we also use a lot of inside info in our hints. We laugh a lot . . . especially when we think we have the perfect clue . . . that no one understands . . . until the post-game (usually loss) when we can explain what we meant . . . so funny !

Your user avatar comes from another of my favourites games . . . PARKS . . . a beautiful game out of the box . . . but this is one that I prefer to play online at BGA. I think part of it is that I want (need) more time to figure out my gameplay . . . and so I like to play turn-based . . . at a slow-ish pace.

I continue to be amazed at how many times my original post has been viewed and answered . . . seems that BGA players still like the experience of playing their favourite games at the kitchen table . . . at the board game cafe . . . in person with friends and family.
bob_jogador

Post by bob_jogador »

Coimbra: a funny and strategic game. But I would like nominate Wild Tiled West too.
Livini

Post by Livini »

Janetta wrote: 24 April 2024, 16:36
Livini wrote: 20 April 2024, 15:35 Probably Codenames Duet. I'd love to see this (or the ordinary Codenames, but I've never played that) added so I can play it more often :). But it is definitely best irl with a friend or family member: knowing each other well adds a lot to the game, since you can use inside jokes, shared fandoms and all kinds of other niche stuff as hints.
Hello Livini . . . original poster here . . . I also enjoy Codenames Duet. I play it with family and so we also use a lot of inside info in our hints. We laugh a lot . . . especially when we think we have the perfect clue . . . that no one understands . . . until the post-game (usually loss) when we can explain what we meant . . . so funny !

Your user avatar comes from another of my favourites games . . . PARKS . . . a beautiful game out of the box . . . but this is one that I prefer to play online at BGA. I think part of it is that I want (need) more time to figure out my gameplay . . . and so I like to play turn-based . . . at a slow-ish pace.

I continue to be amazed at how many times my original post has been viewed and answered . . . seems that BGA players still like the experience of playing their favourite games at the kitchen table . . . at the board game cafe . . . in person with friends and family.
Fun that you also like Codenames Duet :D

I've never played Parks: maybe I should check it out on BGA.

There are definitely pros and cons to both irl and online board game play, and I enjoy both.

Return to “Discuss about board games”