Board Game Arena Official announcements
Efesar

Re: Circle of Life & Tock

Post by Efesar » 22 October 2019, 19:42

I would like other games more popular and known

Gandon

Post by Gandon » 24 October 2019, 04:47

A few friends and I just started a four player game of Tock (Toc?) and none of us has a starter card.

Now, I realise this can happen just through sheer luck, but shouldn't a player discard their hand and their turn be skipped if they have no cards to play? It's really tedious having to wait for each card to be discarded separately. That's 20 turns in a four player game with nothing happening. Once everyone has played their hands a new hand is dealt to each player, correct?

Cheers,

Chris

Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom » 30 October 2019, 14:29

Could we have the rules of Tock that is implemented on BGA, including all the optional variations, published on the game page please? There is currently only a link to Wikipedia and the BGA implementation doesn't actually follow that exactly. It makes playing the game rather random!

Pedros

Post by Pedros » 04 November 2019, 11:53

Lotus Blossom wrote:
30 October 2019, 14:29
Could we have the rules of Tock that is implemented on BGA, including all the optional variations, published on the game page please? There is currently only a link to Wikipedia and the BGA implementation doesn't actually follow that exactly. It makes playing the game rather random!
Couldn't agree more! Fairly hopeless as it is!

Een

Post by Een » 05 November 2019, 10:04

Pedros wrote:
04 November 2019, 11:53
Lotus Blossom wrote:
30 October 2019, 14:29
Couldn't agree more! Fairly hopeless as it is!
I checked on this with the developer, and he did it in French but didn't get the time yet to translate it in English. If someone speaks French and has the time to help, here are the implemented rules listed by the programmer in French: http://fr.doc.boardgamearena.com/Gamehelptoc that can be translated to English to be made available in the Gamehelp section here: http://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Gamehelptoc

Robo65

Post by Robo65 » 08 November 2019, 19:43

I wouldn't say that it's hopeless, but you need some try and error bevor you grok it, that's true.

My french is more than rusty, but I know the game, I like to play it, I made the german translation and I hope that I don't totally suck at writing in english, so I tried my hand at an english translation. It's not 1:1, but I think it's 95% complete. Please take a look and enhance if you like. A description of the game modes and the game start variant is missing (in french, too), I'll add it soon.

When I find time, I'll add a german version.

Greetings
Robo

Een

Post by Een » 08 November 2019, 20:17

Robo65 wrote:
08 November 2019, 19:43
My french is more than rusty, but I know the game, I like to play it, I made the german translation and I hope that I don't totally suck at writing in english, so I tried my hand at an english translation. It's not 1:1, but I think it's 95% complete. Please take a look and enhance if you like. A description of the game modes and the game start variant is missing (in french, too), I'll add it soon.
Thanks a lot for your help on this!

Robo65

Post by Robo65 » 09 November 2019, 12:24

ok, german version added.

But is this the right place where to put a complete rule set? BGA shows the wiki entry under "rules summary", but it's no summary, it's the full rule. How to do it right?

Robo

Een

Post by Een » 09 November 2019, 14:48

Robo65 wrote:
09 November 2019, 12:24
Thanks again!
Robo65 wrote:
But is this the right place where to put a complete rule set? BGA shows the wiki entry under "rules summary", but it's no summary, it's the full rule. How to do it right?
Well for most games there is a rulebook from the publisher so it's just a rules summary (or it stays empty).
But for some games, especially for games who don't have a reference rule or have many variations, it can be the full rule.

So... well done! :)

Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom » 09 November 2019, 19:38

Robo65 wrote:

Robo
Wonderful, thank you!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”