Will be update to leaders and wonders? (new expansion)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
gasko80

Re: Will be update to leaders and wonders? (new expansion)

Post by gasko80 »

Please make all wonders expansion
Leaders
Cities
Armada
Babel
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

As others have stated on this thread, there has been no active developer on this game for years, so nothing is in the works.
buso1705

Post by buso1705 »

BGA has the right to the expansion? If yes I can try to devolop it
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

buso1705 wrote: 12 February 2023, 11:25 BGA has the right to the expansion? If yes I can try to devolop it
Honestly, I have no idea. And since publishers can extend and retract the rights to games on here as they wish (I assume), you would probably need to verify permission with the publisher.

Probably using the developers subsection of the forum would be a good place to start asking these questions if you are truly interested.

And if you do continue work on this game, thanks! It would be huge to have a new developer working on things, and much appreciated by the community. :)
Last edited by Remkar on 05 February 2024, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
qinsoon

Post by qinsoon »

buso1705 wrote: 12 February 2023, 11:25 BGA has the right to the expansion? If yes I can try to devolop it
I had some attempts on the expansion, and got up to all the A-age leaders and wonders in the expansion. I talked with admins. They first said they would check with the publisher. But I heard no further response from them, and got no reply after writing to them a few times. So I gave it up in the end, knowing there might be a licensing issue. If BGA has license for the expansion, I am happy to find some time and get back to the development.
DonFerreto

Post by DonFerreto »

qinsoon, I would donate good bill for your work and good will, making this happen. Plus year premium also =). Shame (little) on admins, if reason that they (if, maybe) lazy to help this out. 2-player game needs more branches of what happening on a field..
Lymon Flowers

Post by Lymon Flowers »

Publisher said they had no interest in adapting the expansion on BGA. So there is little hope this happens.
Pentallion

Post by Pentallion »

Lymon Flowers wrote: 29 June 2023, 14:03 Publisher said they had no interest in adapting the expansion on BGA. So there is little hope this happens.
Did they understand that there are volunteers from BGA who would be adapting the expansion or did they think they had to do the work?
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

I think the main reason they don't want to update on bga is this:

https://throughtheages.com/

I guess they make more money from that than from being on BGA.
And the extension not being on BGA acts as an incentive to buy their game.
But maybe they could at least allow us to use the updated version of the cards... I don't think that would reduce much the appeal of buying the game.

Note: There are also (free) workshop mods for TTA to play on Tabletop Simulator (not free) but I don't think any of them is fully scripted.
Lymon Flowers

Post by Lymon Flowers »

Pentallion wrote: 05 February 2024, 12:54
Lymon Flowers wrote: 29 June 2023, 14:03 Publisher said they had no interest in adapting the expansion on BGA. So there is little hope this happens.
Did they understand that there are volunteers from BGA who would be adapting the expansion or did they think they had to do the work?
My mail was clear I think. The answer was that they did not want to increase their portfolio on BGA.
Benj

Return to “Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization”