Training matches counts for winrate?

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Daggerheart

Training matches counts for winrate?

Post by Daggerheart » 28 November 2019, 11:53

I think training matches should not count for your winrate in each game.

Practice to learn the rules for the first time, and you choose training mode... why are these matches counted??

Lotus Blossom

Re: Training matches counts for winrate?

Post by Lotus Blossom » 28 November 2019, 13:37

Agreed, plus why can't we choose a time limit for training matches? Just because I want to learn a game, doesn't mean I'm willing to wait forever for someone to make a move! And the worst thing is I I only managed to half change the settings before my game started automatically because people had joined! Now I'm playing a real game with no time limit 😞

Sorry, maybe I should have started my own thread

Daggerheart

Post by Daggerheart » 28 November 2019, 17:44

Lotus Blossom wrote:
28 November 2019, 13:37
Agreed, plus why can't we choose a time limit for training matches? Just because I want to learn a game, doesn't mean I'm willing to wait forever for someone to make a move! And the worst thing is I I only managed to half change the settings before my game started automatically because people had joined! Now I'm playing a real game with no time limit 😞
I totally agree!

DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte » 28 November 2019, 21:57

If someone does not play in a training match, you can just leave. There are no penalties in training matches, so what do you want to do if someone does not play to make him play quicker? If we still had ELO off games these could be used for advanced training as you wish.

I totally agree that training matches should not count for the win-loss statistics.

RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix » 28 November 2019, 23:26

The game count also messes up the initial high K-factor ELO calculations.

For the timing part though, it's still nice to know that you're playing with like minded people playing at the same speed.
My first ever game of keyflower took 5 months! However I frequently play 7-player 7wonders games inside a week because we all agreed on a 4 moves a day time frame.

Return to “Suggestions”