Change interface size - request

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Connor84

Change interface size - request

Post by Connor84 »

Normally for games using firefox, you can ctrl + or - to alter the game size. This does not work for KG, and the writing and icons are really tiny.

I would like to be able to change the game size using the normal Ctrl + / - method.
fafa-fr

Re: Change interface size - request

Post by fafa-fr »

Hi,
Do you know that tooltips with big images are displayed if you position your mouse pointer over a card / tile? (don't know how it is implemented on phones or tablets, without mouse pointer)
Maybe you already know that but would like to see several cards in big size at the same time, but I think the interface is designed so that you can see the whole board in your screen, no matter its size (since individual cards can be displayed in tooltips), that's why the board is resized to the width of your screen even when you zoom in.
A-dam

Post by A-dam »

Hi,

I know it can be sometimes beneficial to use zoom, but the game is designed exactly like fafa-fr pointed. For games with such large boards I believe this approach is the best (see Terra Mystica, it is similar). Every game element has tooltip, where everything is visible on larger scale, so nothing is missed.

Adam
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

A-dam wrote: 12 December 2019, 19:57 Every game element has tooltip, where everything is visible on larger scale, so nothing is missed.
Not quite true. Places where tooltips are missing and could be useful:
  • Discarded treasures. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the names of things as I'm new to the game, but there's a treasure that lets you look at the discarded treasures, but the complete view of them does not show. i.e. the top-most discarded treasure does show what it is, but using that scroll to see all discarded treasures doesn't.
  • Treasure cards in hand. While most of these are easy to see at their current size (unless maybe you're on a small screen), there are things that are lacking. The relic cards are difficult to read for the chart of points. The selling prices are impossible for me to see, and that's on a 19" monitor. There's probably more, but I haven't seen everything yet, but anything smaller like that will be hard to see. (I have no problem with the coins or charms, or resources except for the selling price. And scrolls do have tooltips.)

Return to “The King's Guild”