Should show how much $ left people have

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Een

Re: Should show how much $ left people have

Post by Een »

I had the occasion to ask the designer Stefan Dorra about this to get a clear ruling, and he confirmed that he prefer that the amounts of money are secret. So we'll keep the way the game is currently implemented on BGA, that conforms with the rules and the designer's preference.

Edit July 2020: further discussion has opened up the possibility, so this may actually happen.
hersh

Post by hersh »

This variant has been added and can be found under the option "Money visible".
Zerkalolz

Post by Zerkalolz »

In my games if the money left is not public info, I write it in the chat so even those that do not mark it on paper or in their head know it. This produces more even and balanced games.

Easily remembered things should be public info. For Sale is an economy, trick, and bidding game, it ain't a memory game.

If someone plays For Sale without remembering how much everyone has money left, he just ruins the game for everyone else by kingmaking etc.
cigma

Post by cigma »

Zerkalolz wrote: 22 April 2022, 15:18 In my games if the money left is not public info, I write it in the chat....

If someone plays For Sale without remembering how much everyone has money left, he just ruins the game for everyone else by kingmaking etc.
I prefer playing this game with hidden money. If we played together and you wrote it in the chat, you would ruin my game! By creating a table, in the game options you can choose between hidden and open money. So if you want to play open, you should always use that version (and not spoil on hidden version).

By the way, I never remember the money left, but with a current ELO of 283 I usually make king (or better queen) myself ;-)
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Zerkalolz

Post by Zerkalolz »

If the money is not shown, usually in games of ELO 200+ players there is 2-3 pauses of about one minute, because someone checks the log and counts the money of the next player, so they can bid amount that the next player can't counter.

If the money would be always shown, there would not be that problem.

I am not a paying member, so I can't make For Sale tables. I can only join others' games. And 95% of them have hidden money.

I would also discuss what cards I have if we played Texas Hold Em, so would that ruin your game also? I might lie about my cards if we played for money... I might also lie about the For Sale money left, to help my game..

Return to “For Sale”