Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

[Arena Season 0] Average waiting time

Post by sourisdudesert »

For transparency reasons, we decided to publish the average waiting time for Arena mode, for all games.

To be accurate, this is the number of seconds between the moment you click on "Play" button and the moment where the game starts.

This is only for realtime.

If a game is not in the list, it means that no Arena games has been played so far for this game.

These statistics has been taken between January 15th 14:40 CET and January 16th 14:40 CET (24 hours period of time).

dschingis27

Re: [Arena Season 0] Average waiting time

Post by dschingis27 »

Thanks, this is great!
Some numbers are unbelievaly low. Could it be that there's one digit missing?
I mean checkers->6, circleoflife->5, if these were real 24h averages then there must be a huge fanbase of these games I am not aware of.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hello

I confirm there is no missing digit. However, remember this is an average and for some game there are very few Arena games.

Ex for a game:
_ player A request an Arena game
_ 10 seconds later, player B clicks on "switch to Arena mode".
_ table is created. A waited 10s. B waited 0s.
_ if this is the only table created for this game, average is 5s.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

all players who wait and never get a game aren't going to show up on these statistics, so that can greatly impact the true expected wait time. Perhaps adding number of arena games per 24 hours would give a more realistic view of how long you'd have to wait.
Waterd103

Post by Waterd103 »

why cat delete posts
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

Thanks for clarification! Most useful would be something like "percentage of games started if I waited at least one minute, if I waited at least 5 minutes, if I waited at least 20 minutes". But I am not sure if it's worth the effort.
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

Since joining elite in 7 wonders I've been unable to find a game... even with Far from my level unlocked.
P_Faker

Post by P_Faker »

I am gold in backgammon and am trying to find an opponent for turn-based, with a range of 1 and all settings on okay except for "no time limit". Yet I haven't been matched up with anyone for more than 24 hours.

A friend of mine with the same settings as mine at the time of searching for a match found an opponent in minutes. The difference is that he is in the Elite league.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

P_Faker wrote: 17 January 2020, 18:51 I am gold in backgammon and am trying to find an opponent for turn-based, with a range of 1 and all settings on okay except for "no time limit". Yet I haven't been matched up with anyone for more than 24 hours.
You set very restrictive levels settings.
In turn based, we are waiting 4 hours after your game request to use your "I prefer not" settings, and 12 hours after to use your "I'm reluctant to play with". According to your current settings, we are trying to match you with a "Gold" player during 12 hours, and then with a Silver/Gold/Elite. Unfortunately, between 12:56 and 18:20 (~ 4h30), no Gold player showed up on async mode.

If you want to stay with your settings, I would suggest you to wait longer than few hours. Otherwise, I would suggest to change your settings to accept more users. This is especially true at now because we are at the beginning of the seasons so there are few Gold players.
P_Faker

Post by P_Faker »

sourisdudesert wrote: 17 January 2020, 19:29
P_Faker wrote: 17 January 2020, 18:51 I am gold in backgammon and am trying to find an opponent for turn-based, with a range of 1 and all settings on okay except for "no time limit". Yet I haven't been matched up with anyone for more than 24 hours.
You set very restrictive levels settings.
In turn based, we are waiting 4 hours after your game request to use your "I prefer not" settings, and 12 hours after to use your "I'm reluctant to play with". According to your current settings, we are trying to match you with a "Gold" player during 12 hours, and then with a Silver/Gold/Elite. Unfortunately, between 12:56 and 18:20 (~ 4h30), no Gold player showed up on async mode.

If you want to stay with your settings, I would suggest you to wait longer than few hours. Otherwise, I would suggest to change your settings to accept more users. This is especially true at now because we are at the beginning of the seasons so there are few Gold players.
Are these settings that the site says I use? Because those aren't the settings that are displayed to me. I set all time settings to 'Okay' except for "no time limit" which is set to 'Never'. The range is set on 'Okay' for my rank and +- 1, and on 'Never' for +- 2 or more.

I just recently altered them to mirror my friend's settings. Except for the rank range.
-----
I finally got turn-based matches. All against the same user.
-----
No turn-based games since my string of 9 games against the same user with which I reached elite rank. With the same settings as stated in this post.
-----
No turn-based arena games for +/- 1 rank range backgammon with all other settings on 'okay' except for 'no time limit' on 'never' for more than 48 hours. I cancelled the search to start a turn-based simple game in the middle, which is why the screenshot only displays a time for yesterday.
-----
I have also given up on finding real-time games, as I haven't gotten a single matchup the last few days.
Other players do get matched up, and should fall within my parameters, so a bug in the matchmaking system seems likely.

Return to “Discussions”