this game is super rigged

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Romain672

Re: this game is super rigged

Post by Romain672 »

Shogun2049 wrote: 01 September 2023, 11:16 ... I've learned that if I have 2 wins in a row, I need to keep playing as it's in Win Mode and I'll usually get around 5 wins in a row.
Oh I haven't seen that, some concreate stuff, let's look at your games, I got this result (read from right to left):
"vdddvvddddddvdddvdddvvdddvvddddddvddvvvvvvvvvdvddvdvdvdvdddvvvddvddvvddvdvdddddddddvdvdvdvdddvdvvvddddvddvdddvvddvddvddddvdvvddddvvvdvvvddddvddvdddvvdvvddvvvddvddvddvvdddvvdvvvvddvddddvddddvvvvvvvdvvvdvvdvvvdvdvdvddddvddvvddvdvvdvdddvvvddvdvdvddddvdvddddvvvvvdvddvdvdvddvvddvddvdvddvvvd"
And... If you remove your 3 and 4 players games, you got:
- 126 victories and 160 defeat (44% of victories)
- 27 series of one defeat then two victories
- 3 series of one defeat then five victories
- 24 series of one defeat then two, three or four victories (then one defeat)

You was expected to get about 2.3 series of one defeat then five victories. You got 3.

Next <3
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

But you should remove those 24, as they were "glitches" :D
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Look, if you're going to use logic, then there's no point in arguing with you.
We need more feelings, intuition and superstition. What do the tarot cards say? I'm sure the astrology patterns need to align with your biorhythms first before you can come to a conclusion.
Robots.
Shogun2049

Post by Shogun2049 »

Romain672 wrote: 01 September 2023, 23:06
Shogun2049 wrote: 01 September 2023, 11:16 ... I've learned that if I have 2 wins in a row, I need to keep playing as it's in Win Mode and I'll usually get around 5 wins in a row.
Oh I haven't seen that, some concreate stuff, let's look at your games, I got this result (read from right to left):
"vdddvvddddddvdddvdddvvdddvvddddddvddvvvvvvvvvdvddvdvdvdvdddvvvddvddvvddvdvdddddddddvdvdvdvdddvdvvvddddvddvdddvvddvddvddddvdvvddddvvvdvvvddddvddvdddvvdvvddvvvddvddvddvvdddvvdvvvvddvddddvddddvvvvvvvdvvvdvvdvvvdvdvdvddddvddvvddvdvvdvdddvvvddvdvdvddddvdvddddvvvvvdvddvdvdvddvvddvddvdvddvvvd"
And... If you remove your 3 and 4 players games, you got:
- 126 victories and 160 defeat (44% of victories)
- 27 series of one defeat then two victories
- 3 series of one defeat then five victories
- 24 series of one defeat then two, three or four victories (then one defeat)

You was expected to get about 2.3 series of one defeat then five victories. You got 3.

Next <3
You also have to take into account date and time played to determine the streaks of wins and losses.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Shogun2049 wrote: 05 September 2023, 19:21You also have to take into account date and time played to determine the streaks of wins and losses.
I mean, I find 3streaks out of 27.
In best cases, you will maybe keep your 3streaks and lose half of wrong streaks, which leave you around 3streaks out of 13.
Which is still not unlikely.
Shogun2049

Post by Shogun2049 »

Today I literally had a losing streak of 10 or 11 games, won once, and then back to losing.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Currently more than 7000 games are being played per day.
Someone will eventually get the extremely short end of the stick...
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Shogun2049 wrote: 14 October 2023, 06:18 Today I literally had a losing streak of 10 or 11 games, won once, and then back to losing.
Just find back your answer.
You claimed something earlier which was (for me) totally false.

The thing is, we are humans, we made mistakes.
There is another thing we rarely talk about is how good you are in X day.
Maybe in some days you are in a good mood, and are more likely to win since you are more focused. On the opposite, maybe on some days, you just play more casually since you think to something else. And those two factors should increase the number of streaks.
You got the factor too that when you lose 2, 3, 4 games in a row, for most people you became more angry/tired/less focused... it's less true for a turn based game, but still, that can have a big impact, especially on long streaks.
(especially when you think the system is rigged, you could start to think of that part instead of focusing on your game)

Ufm talked about the 7000 games played per day, but that doesn't work when you are the last player which complained on the forum before your streak.

edit: looked at your profile, you got a streak of 10 losses. But nothing before or after that. At any point with 44% winrate you got one chance out of 330 for your last 10 games to be all losses. You have 681 games, so it's totally possible too that what i said earlier doesn't matter for you, and you just got unlucky, that's something that is expected to happen twice to you with 681 games.
repooly

Post by repooly »

Flannelman70 wrote: 06 July 2023, 01:47 The only games worth playing that can be trusted are in person with friends. All of these sites create drama with the certain cards coming out, and the dice are timed to advantage a specific player.

These online games are wanting more people to join. Higher ranked or paying players will just 'magically' get income every roll. If you have only 4's and 9's open, they will roll nothing but 4's and 9's. It's not random no matter what these other players want to throw.

Too many times 1 player will roll nothing but 5 straight income to start a game and the other player is getting nothing but 1's and 2's. There aren't even 1's and 2's to buy to offset it. It's a rigged system.

This site sucks.
So I'm confused Is it biased towards new players or experienced players? It kind of just sounds like you're mad because you were unlucky for a day...
repooly

Post by repooly »

Shogun2049 wrote: 14 October 2023, 06:18 Today I literally had a losing streak of 10 or 11 games, won once, and then back to losing.
I once had 10 wins in a row (you can see the achievement on my profile). It really isn't that astounding that one can be lucky/unlucky for a bit. I've had at least two games where I got a triple yahtzee, I've had games where I didn't even get a 3 of a kind. It's not a rigged bias because YOU lose sometimes. Why would it be biased against only you? The fact is sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not.

I'm surprised everyone in this thread had the triple yahtzee by the other opponent, not them. Guys, I guarantee you've had super lucky games. You just don't remember.

Return to “Yahtzee”