this game is super rigged

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Shogun2049

Re: this game is super rigged

Post by Shogun2049 »

repooly wrote: 11 December 2023, 13:19
Shogun2049 wrote: 14 October 2023, 06:18 Today I literally had a losing streak of 10 or 11 games, won once, and then back to losing.
I once had 10 wins in a row (you can see the achievement on my profile). It really isn't that astounding that one can be lucky/unlucky for a bit. I've had at least two games where I got a triple yahtzee, I've had games where I didn't even get a 3 of a kind. It's not a rigged bias because YOU lose sometimes. Why would it be biased against only you? The fact is sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not.

I'm surprised everyone in this thread had the triple yahtzee by the other opponent, not them. Guys, I guarantee you've had super lucky games. You just don't remember.
The difference when you get a win streak of 10+ games, it's typically not against the same opponent, so your 10 game win streak can easily be against 7 or 8 different opponents, who all could have a losing streak of 2 or 3 games because of you. Your essentially comparing your 10 wins vs potentially 10 other people losing once.
Andy_J

Post by Andy_J »

I haven't noticed this yet but will keep an eye out *

*moderator edit: advertising is not permitted on BGA
repooly

Post by repooly »

Shogun2049 wrote: 27 December 2023, 09:39
repooly wrote: 11 December 2023, 13:19
Shogun2049 wrote: 14 October 2023, 06:18 Today I literally had a losing streak of 10 or 11 games, won once, and then back to losing.
I once had 10 wins in a row (you can see the achievement on my profile). It really isn't that astounding that one can be lucky/unlucky for a bit. I've had at least two games where I got a triple yahtzee, I've had games where I didn't even get a 3 of a kind. It's not a rigged bias because YOU lose sometimes. Why would it be biased against only you? The fact is sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not.

I'm surprised everyone in this thread had the triple yahtzee by the other opponent, not them. Guys, I guarantee you've had super lucky games. You just don't remember.
The difference when you get a win streak of 10+ games, it's typically not against the same opponent, so your 10 game win streak can easily be against 7 or 8 different opponents, who all could have a losing streak of 2 or 3 games because of you. Your essentially comparing your 10 wins vs potentially 10 other people losing once.
I don't really see how that is any different than losing 10+ games in a row. It is usually also against different opponents.
want to be dus

Post by want to be dus »

wisdomers and helpers: This is a BGA bug(!), just to keep everyone in Kindergarten!
No other offense behind that. But they just can't control and rule the swarm of players
in another way :-)
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

1. Spend some time and resources coding up a rigged Yahtzee game that favors unknown players but still passes all statistical analyses
2. ???
3. Profit!
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

Jellby wrote: 17 January 2024, 08:22 1. Spend some time and resources coding up a rigged Yahtzee game that favors unknown players but still passes all statistical analyses
2. ???
3. Profit!
Pretty sure they get paid for every forum post on the topic. /s
gonzos1971

Post by gonzos1971 »

And what exactly would be the point of wasting time writing code to rig a Yahtzee game… favoring one random person over another random person?
CaractacusPots

Post by CaractacusPots »

gonzos1971 wrote: 26 January 2024, 02:00 And what exactly would be the point of wasting time writing code to rig a Yahtzee game… favoring one random person over another random person?
Well one possible reason might be to keep people coming back to the site. No players = no BGA .

So keeping everything leveled as much as possible could be a way to keep as many people playing as possible

Just my opinion
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

CaractacusPots wrote: 09 February 2024, 19:41
gonzos1971 wrote: 26 January 2024, 02:00 And what exactly would be the point of wasting time writing code to rig a Yahtzee game… favoring one random person over another random person?
Well one possible reason might be to keep people coming back to the site. No players = no BGA .

So keeping everything leveled as much as possible could be a way to keep as many people playing as possible

Just my opinion
What EXACTLY do you think is happening here? Who exactly is the code deciding to help?

All we have established is you think unlikely rolls happen more often than they statistically should do, based upon zero actual evidential data.
Zozoken

Post by Zozoken »

Dice rolls on Yahtzee are not rigged. Change my mind.

Evidence in this 15 page thread that shows BGA uses cheated dice:
  • Sometimes, players can get several Yahtzees, but it doesn't seem to happen to the people that think it's rigged
  • Sometimes, players can get several Yahtzees as a premium player, but it doesn't seem to happen to the people that think it's rigged and not premium
  • Computers are not random, therefore the numbers they generate are not random

Evidence against:
  • Statistical data on irregularities like multiple Yahtzees are well within expected values
  • Statistical data or game code does not show preference to premium members, older accounts, etc.
  • Game code does not show evidence of tampering with numbers in any way once they are randomly generated (as randomly as computers are capable)
  • It would be more difficult to program Yahtzee with cheated dice than it would for an honest algorithm to generate a random number 1 thru 6
  • Programmer of Yahtzee lacks a clear motive for cheating dice rolls
  • Accusations like this are common on gaming sites that offer games that have random chance as a significant factor (Yahtzee, Backgammon, Poker, Slots, etc.)
  • Humans do not have a good intuition about randomness, therefore will often draw wrong conclusions about randomly generated sets of numbers
  • Because of this, it is more likely the case that people are wrong about the dice being cheated and are upset that they lost recent games of Yahtzee

Return to “Yahtzee”