this game is super rigged

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
voriki

Re: this game is super rigged

Post by voriki »

CharlieReddog wrote: 18 February 2021, 00:54 It's not just dice, I've found in carcassonne, the odds of the premium player just happening on the right tile at the right moment is beyond any coincidence I've found in FtF games. I'm firmly convinced that the site favours the paying players. Often it doesn't change the outcome of the game, but it happens too predictably to be random IMO.
Or maybe they are simply better players?
I am not saying being premium automatically makes you a better player, but in general, people who play very frequently, are more supportive to purchase a premium subscription. Please who play very frequently generally also tend to be better players due to experience.

You know what, this whole thread can be summed up by the picture below.

GregRaven

Post by GregRaven »

Sorry to break the above joke, but it's just another wrong conclusion. REALITY: One reason could be they live longer, because horses (or dogs, dolphins or whatever) can be healing, calming... etc. ;) Wish I had a dolphin, I'm sure I would live longer :p

The problem with the randomness is not that people lose and want to blame someone/something, but to point out the ridiculous odds the game has.
They put the "winning chances" too high. To get a Yahtzee for example you have much higher chance here, than 1/6^5 or 1/6^4, much much higher.

IMO it's made to balance the game, give new players, or players with less points a better chance (to stay and play :) )
I've played a lot and my observation is that me or the opponent always get crazy :twisted: lucky when we have less ELO and or actual gamepoints. And no, it does not require difficult programming.
It may be actually a good idea, it makes it possible to turn the game even at the end with close to zero chances. But I would decrease this sort of balancing a bit.

But most importantly we all should just have fun ;)
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

GregRaven wrote: 09 January 2022, 12:05 IMO it's made to balance the game, give new players, or players with less points a better chance (to stay and play :) )
I've played a lot and my observation is that me or the opponent always get crazy :twisted: lucky when we have less ELO and or actual gamepoints. And no, it does not require difficult programming.
It may be actually a good idea, it makes it possible to turn the game even at the end with close to zero chances. But I would decrease this sort of balancing a bit.

But most importantly we all should just have fun ;)
Of course it COULD be programmed to favour the person with lower ELO or fewer game points, but that would destroy the integrity of the game.

Happily that’s not the case - and as someone with quite high ELO (304 right now, 85th) almost everyone I play has lower ELO than me I definitely don’t notice my them being any luckier than me.

If you keep a diary of every game you play and note down not just the crazy good luck but the crazy bad luck too you will I’m sure see it isn’t correlated with ELO or indeed anything else.
BlunderMifflin

Post by BlunderMifflin »

I agree, carcassone was insane. fire down last worker it starts raining cloisters lol played 3 games. Not complaining! love that I got to try, it was so blatant I had to check if others noticed. Premium members Can't want that happening. I would have bought in for sure
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

BlunderMifflin wrote: 21 January 2022, 02:02 I agree, carcassone was insane. fire down last worker it starts raining cloisters lol played 3 games. Not complaining! love that I got to try, it was so blatant I had to check if others noticed. Premium members Can't want that happening. I would have bought in for sure
Do you seriously believe the programmers would have a line of code that says:

If player=nonpremium AND opponent=premium AND playermeeples=0 AND opponentmeeples>0 THEN bring up a load of cloisters in a row?

Isn't it more likely that from time to time a run of cloisters will come up and you made a tactical error not to hold back meeples...?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

frogstar_A wrote: 24 January 2022, 00:40 .... and you made a tactical error not to hold back meeples...?
more generally, there is always a lesson to learn in a game you lose.
ceka123

Post by ceka123 »

this is a cheating system, i you do not pay , you are not getting points anymore after a while and your score is falling and falling

I had another user before and the same happened :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ceka123

Post by ceka123 »

neutronbomb wrote: 18 January 2020, 05:23 every game seems like the winner is chosen beforehand. dumb rolls just when a player needs it, multiple yahtzees back to back. a yahtzee final roll to go from last to 1st. this is dumb as hell.
this is a cheating system, i you do not pay , you are not getting points anymore after a while and your score is falling and falling

Sangaren_

Post by Sangaren_ »

The advantage is always to premium accounts, it's fun...
voriki

Post by voriki »

ceka123 wrote: 04 February 2022, 18:40 this is a cheating system, i you do not pay , you are not getting points anymore after a while and your score is falling and falling

That's complete nonsense.

You have won 51% of your games, if what you said were to be true, you would have won far less.

Return to “Yahtzee”