this game is super rigged

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Theacratis

Re: this game is super rigged

Post by Theacratis »

I have to agree with these comments. Doubles happen consistently when blots are on the bar waiting to come back into play. i would be rich if i could bet on the number of times this has happened. Haven't checked the statistical accuracy of this situation but it seems way beyond coincidence. Could the dice programme and algorithm be broken. i would have thought a simple random dice programme should be easy to implement. I guess its the same for all but that's not the point, something feels fundamentally flawed in this programme.
Rigged shiet

Post by Rigged shiet »

Nearly throwed my phone away its always the same situation. 1 of the players owns hard or when it comes to the end 1 of the players didnt draw the only number He needing for like 3rolls. Good Thing is now i know when i can give up to not waste time for next rund :)
CaractacusPots

Post by CaractacusPots »

Just adding my 2penneth to this debate. I see it on every gaming forum.

ALL sites imo run "controlled" games. The actual random number generator is completely irrelevant. People need to get their heads around that. Arguing that the numbers are not random is pointless. Sites DO use genuine random number generators so any proper analysis of outcomes will always confirm that the number of double 6s or pairs of Aces in cards etc are bang on.

So why then do so many games seem totally rigged and you know you're really playing a programmed slot machine that determines beforehand who will win and who will lose, and how can the system possibly have such control without skewing the random numbers?

The answer is very simple.

Most gaming sites imho simply generate all the random dice rolls and/or card hand deals BEFORE the game starts. So the numbers are always properly random but they are not generated in real time at the point in the user interface when it is your turn.

Given that situation, given that all those random numbers have been pre-pulled before the game started, a system can then choose which dice rolls or card hands it wants from the available set. If your set of numbers had 3 lots of double sixes it can give those to you at any point in the game, either when you most need it to say catch up a game of backgammon, or when you least need it, say when you're on the bar in backgammon and opponent only has the 6 point blocked. The system is always using perfectly generated random numbers but is picking and choosing which ones to give you at which point in the game. Thereby it is really easy to sway any game. It's really not that compiclated to code it.

The naive won't believe it of course. Those people I invite to go join any online poker site and dump real money in there. I guarantee that you will get an initial "honeymoon" period where you seem to win plenty, but very soon after the honeymoon ends and you'll start to progressively lose and have to keep depositing money.

There does not exist, to the best of my knowledge a single online Backgammon site that is genuinely and purely random. I have played many of them.
Some of them, the professional ones, allow you to input your own dice throws instead of using the system's RND generator. When I do that, using real dice that I am throwing, then I consistently beat the system computers hand over fist. I'm a decent player. But when you use the system's own dice throws it's very different. You lose far more games than you should and the instances of miracle throws at just the right time is frankly preposterous.
That makes it a pain though. Having to throw your own dice and input the result into the system disrupts the flow of a game and makes it less enjoyable. I just do not understand why every site feels the need to rig outcomes in whatever ways they choose to do so. I totally get that sites where money is involved need to generate lots of playing activity and the best way to do that is to constantly balance/level the playing field so poor players don't get discourage and wander away. But it's frustrating as hell. In the end though these sites are businesses, there to make money either through adverts, subscriptions, playing fees or whatever. Because of that they can not be deemed pure game/gaming sites. They are essentially slot machine sites where the systems have been programmed to generate balanced outcomes to keep as many people happy as possible.

Early days for me here at BG Arena but thus far my impressions of BG and Can't Stop are that the games are as always, artificially balanced.
It is what it is and it's the same on just about every gaming site. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I understand dice, cards, probability and computer programming. 30 yrs+ in IT coding, development and analysis. Gaming generally sucks because of that constant need to keep a balance in the games where luck plays any part. So long as you just treat it as a little light entertainment like watching a film then you're fine.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

The source code to nearly all the BGA games are available to point you in the direction that this does not happen here.

The developer as well doesn't even have access to the player's profile it's just the player_id. So even if you wanted to try and rig the game - you wouldn't know who to rig it for.
CaractacusPots

Post by CaractacusPots »

RicardoRix wrote: 03 September 2020, 17:50 The source code to nearly all the BGA games are available to point you in the direction that this does not happen here.

The developer as well doesn't even have access to the player's profile it's just the player_id. So even if you wanted to try and rig the game - you wouldn't know who to rig it for.
Could you elucidate on how anyone can determine whether that source code IS actually the source code being used in it's entirety? Or is it just on the site's say so?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

CaractacusPots wrote: 04 September 2020, 17:50
RicardoRix wrote: 03 September 2020, 17:50 The source code to nearly all the BGA games are available to point you in the direction that this does not happen here.

Could you elucidate on how anyone can determine whether that source code IS actually the source code being used in it's entirety? Or is it just on the site's say so?
Well, as a developer of 3 of the games here on BGA I can confirm that with complete accuracy.
Most of the games are developed by volunteers, like myself. As a man of 30+ years of IT experience you can check it out yourself:
https://en.studio.boardgamearena.com/

It appears that the people that like conspiracy theories really seem to like sticking to them...
CaractacusPots

Post by CaractacusPots »

Honestly speaking, do you think if I were to ask the admin team of Pokerstars or FullTilt if they were rigging outcomes that they would say yes?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

CaractacusPots wrote: 04 September 2020, 19:37 Honestly speaking, do you think if I were to ask the admin team of Pokerstars or FullTilt if they were rigging outcomes that they would say yes?
So by your logic, some people are murderers so therefore all people are murderers?

This site is neither of those websites. Nor am I interested in answering or defending them.

Like I am, and others are pointing it out to you, you can check for yourself about BGA, you don't even have to take anyone's word for it.

Bottom line: You're free to play games on this site, and you're also free NOT to play them if you don't want to. Take your pick.
Tulivuori

Post by Tulivuori »

That's the most superstitious I have seen for a short while.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

CaractacusPots wrote: 03 September 2020, 16:16 So why then do so many games seem totally rigged and you know you're really playing a programmed slot machine that determines beforehand who will win and who will lose, and how can the system possibly have such control without skewing the random numbers?

The answer is very simple.
Very simple indeed...it's the human brain overlaying conspiracy theory on random numbers.

Why does it seem like your opponent magically rolls just what they need, even though analysis proves the numbers of random? Because humans see patterns that aren't there.

All those games where nothing particularly suspicious happens just melt away from the memory, but any that act as confirmation bias for your preconceived conspiracy rigging the brain flags up with a "see! you've been right all along!"

I've played hundreds of games of Can't Stop and Yahtzee on this site and seen literally absolutely nothing that suggests there is anything rigged at all. Sometimes my opponent wins with a crazy lucky roll, sometimes I do, but the vast majority of the time it plays out exactly as you'd expect - one player needs a Yahtzee to win on the last roll....and doesn't get it. gg.

Return to “Yahtzee”