this game is super rigged

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Stobby84

Re: this game is super rigged

Post by Stobby84 »

I have read all the topic since I find that the phenomenon of supposedly biased online dices is recurrent in every platform.
I do not think that BGA biases their dice system just to boost some categories of players instead of others, it would be pointless and, honestly, boring.

It is true that numbers generated by a computer are not fully random and, depending on the technology used, they can present variations but these variations would hit both players, therefore even in that case the game at the end would remain fair (moreover variations would be so slight that I think that would be detectable only by collecting a huge quantity of data).

What I have read about players who systematically get big points at the right moment, on the other hand, triggered my scientific side and I had fun in doing some maths (ok... ok...) to calculate the odds as a function of the situation trying to identify some playing patterns.
Obviously, there are some moves that are better than others in each situation and applying consistently a statistical strategy leads having more often higher results (one over all, when you have on first roll AABBC going for the full has a rough 55% of chance on two rolls).
I think that the phenomenon of the superplayer who always has the right roll at the right moment is therefore a combination of experience and luck which appears very odd if someone plays in "gut feeling mode" but that remains perfectly understandable with a more objective view.

I am curious to know if anybody has every studied a yahtzee game with a statistical approach, it would be interesting to see how good players select their moves with a statistical eye.
MateoMilano

Post by MateoMilano »

This game is a joke, it doesn't matter how good you are the retarded dice algorytm always makes one player to have 10 rolls with the Dice 🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲 with same digit. On starts the game flips coin if you loose or win it's nothing you can do. BIG WASTE OF TIME 🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️ and 💩💩💩💩
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

Love the contrast between the last 2 posts :lol:
Max Power 357

Post by Max Power 357 »

Dice just hate me...........yeah, that's it! :roll:
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

MateoMilano wrote: 28 December 2022, 14:25 This game is a joke, it doesn't matter how good you are the retarded dice algorytm always makes one player to have 10 rolls with the Dice 🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲 with same digit. On starts the game flips coin if you loose or win it's nothing you can do. BIG WASTE OF TIME 🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️ and 💩💩💩💩
Have you played Yahtzee as a real face to face game with real dice?

I have and have rolled similar bad sequences in real life.

One can roll consecutive Yahtzees or many rolls that don't improve one's situation - in real life and in BGA.
RiggerRabbit

Post by RiggerRabbit »

At this point I want my money back for ever supporting this site. This game is broken beyond repair because it literally cheats for your opponent to win.
RiggerRabbit

Post by RiggerRabbit »

I'll go as far as to say that this site is a complete joke when it comes to fair dice rolls across the board. Something needs to be done to fix this.
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

RiggerRabbit wrote: 26 March 2023, 15:50 I'll go as far as to say that this site is a complete joke when it comes to fair dice rolls across the board. Something needs to be done to fix this.
Your statistics https://boardgamearena.com/player?id=93 ... n=prestige don't support your allegations.

You've only played 360 yahtzee games. Too few for a valid accusation that the dice rolling is rigged.

You have a 50% win record. Do you expect better?

Please stop playing yahtzee if it angers you so much.
Please stop posting allegations that are unproven.

Have a nice life without BGA Yahtzee.
RiggerRabbit

Post by RiggerRabbit »

Another question.....How secure is this site from people hacking it and cheating?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

RiggerRabbit wrote: 27 March 2023, 13:54 Another question.....How secure is this site from people hacking it and cheating?
Very secure.
And again your allegations make no sense : how can the site always "make your opponent win" since you are also the opponent of your opponent ??

Return to “Yahtzee”