this game is super rigged

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Romain672

Re: this game is super rigged

Post by Romain672 »

BSC1600 wrote: 22 June 2023, 05:46I knew you could not resist. It is beyond you not too,
Fortunately, you wasn't talking to me before :)
accidentally

Post by accidentally »

BSC1600 wrote: 07 June 2023, 16:54 The dice algorithm needs to be re-written. It is not random. I’m am really fed up with the way that the dice roll. I will not be renewing my membership next year if this keeps up. Is is random when a player gets 4 doubles in a row? It happens repeatedly. I have never rolled more than two at a time in my 60 years of playing. Fix it!!
The dice algorithm is in fact random. You must just be rolling the dice wrong.
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

I live for threads like this.
Flannelman70

Post by Flannelman70 »

The only games worth playing that can be trusted are in person with friends. All of these sites create drama with the certain cards coming out, and the dice are timed to advantage a specific player.

These online games are wanting more people to join. Higher ranked or paying players will just 'magically' get income every roll. If you have only 4's and 9's open, they will roll nothing but 4's and 9's. It's not random no matter what these other players want to throw.

Too many times 1 player will roll nothing but 5 straight income to start a game and the other player is getting nothing but 1's and 2's. There aren't even 1's and 2's to buy to offset it. It's a rigged system.

This site sucks.
Strode

Post by Strode »

Flannelman70 wrote: 06 July 2023, 01:47 The only games worth playing that can be trusted are in person with friends. All of these sites create drama with the certain cards coming out, and the dice are timed to advantage a specific player.

These online games are wanting more people to join. Higher ranked or paying players will just 'magically' get income every roll. If you have only 4's and 9's open, they will roll nothing but 4's and 9's. It's not random no matter what these other players want to throw.

Too many times 1 player will roll nothing but 5 straight income to start a game and the other player is getting nothing but 1's and 2's. There aren't even 1's and 2's to buy to offset it. It's a rigged system.

This site sucks.
This is conspiratorial thinking. If these sites are rigging things to get more people to join, then why would they help higher ranked players? You'd think they'd help lower ranked players to give them a chance.

You notice it when an opponent has something go well for them. You don't notice when the luck favors you. It's confirmation bias.
Earthlord3

Post by Earthlord3 »

If it's sooo rigged and you figured it out you should be winning every time! Use the the rigging to your advantage. But wait it's not the game that's rigged is it?... It's reality that's rigged and if you have a garbage attitude about the game your rolls will be garbage too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
daedinek

Post by daedinek »

I played A LOT games (you can check in my profile). Until the end of the last arena season there was a bug that a player who kept less points in first column usually won the game. Since the new season started, something changed. I didn't find how it works now but it's definitely NOT RANDOM
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

I played 15 games (you can check in my profile: https://boardgamearena.com/gamestats?pl ... finished=0 ).

But there is a bug. Starting from the oldest game, when the minute of the end of the game is odd I win. When it's even I lose.

I will call a pair of digit two digit with the same value.
But when you got a pair on the last two digits of the number of the game, the rule is swapped (odd=lose / even=win) AND for next swaps you check the pair one spot to the left (ie the second to last and third to last digit). But if there is another pair in the number of the game, and that pair isn't exactly one away from the other pair, that invalid that rule for the game.

And you can see for yourself, this rule work perfectly :o
Mforge

Post by Mforge »

New to playing on BGA but not new to Yahtzee. Only played two games but the results were so strange I had to look to see if there was discussion like this lol.

It was only two games but my rolls and scores were INSANE. First game was 407 and the second was 516!! *Five* Yahtzees across two games (three and then two). Zero'd out nothing, destroyed the first section in both games. At least one or two instances of the last roll for one player being identical to the first roll of the next player. The rolls seemed very very not random.
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

Mforge wrote: 30 July 2023, 18:02 Only played two games but
lol

Return to “Yahtzee”