this game is super rigged

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
neutronbomb

this game is super rigged

Post by neutronbomb »

every game seems like the winner is chosen beforehand. dumb rolls just when a player needs it, multiple yahtzees back to back. a yahtzee final roll to go from last to 1st. this is dumb as hell.
littleturd

Re: this game is super rigged

Post by littleturd »

There is something seriously wrong with the way this game is programmed. There is no way it is random. It is absurd how often a large straight is rolled on the first try after I score one or my opponent. The same for a yahtzee. I get a yahtzee maybe every 3 or 4 games, yet as soon as I score one, my opponent does too immediately after. It's insane.
Chevisregal

Post by Chevisregal »

I just joined and noticed the bias in the system for these and more. I have not scored a Yahtzee in a dozen or more games, yet every opponent had one with 3 having 2! Really?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

the earth's flat, just saw it out the window.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Nah, it's definitely curved. Curved up. I live by the mountains.
All the gear no idea

Post by All the gear no idea »

I agree, just got off a game where the player got 2 yahtzees in the first TWO ROUNDS then a long straight ONE THE FIRST THROW in the next round! No coming back from that, so what's the point. Also, in same game I needed ONE three in the last two rounds, ONE THREE, so I rolled 30 dice and ... not ONE THREE. Checked what the probability of this was ... it's 0.02% chance! Really? I mean, come on! THIS IS JUST BS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ruskie

Post by Ruskie »

Come on guys, don't be whiners...
The forums are not made for complaints like these.
And seriously, why the game should be rigged against YOU and not the opponent? What makes you feel you're so special?
Yahtzee is a game where luck plays a huge part. And therefore, lucky results can appear. That's life.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Post by Scarlet Pimpernel »

It's not just Yahtzee. I've noticed a similar thing in Can't Stop, also a game mostly based on luck.
If you're on a winning streak, you can get away with the most ridiculous risks. However, if you start losing, you can bet your sweet a$$ that it will last a while, even when coming back after a few hours. It seems the game algorithm just determines that you've won enough and now it's time to take some losses.
Yesterday I went from gold league all the way up to elite without real effort. I played one game early this morning and won. Went back later today and haven't won a single game since (dropped from 29th place to 59th). Even "safe" rolls ended prematurely while my opponents got away with the most ridiculous combinations. The last one actually won in four turns; he/she took a rope in each of the last three turns. Really?! I wasn't even half way on any of them.

Little update... Played ten more games. Won two of them (one forfait and one because my opponent was a greedy moron). The rest went super easy for my opponents. The last one ended the game in four turns, just like the one earlier today. Dropped to 72nd place.
The easy wins are often premium members. Could be coincidence, but somehow I doubt that.
calimero1976

Post by calimero1976 »

hoe kan het ik yahtzee bij me reputatie maar op 60 procent staan
ik heb meer dan een week
Sgt Suckage

Post by Sgt Suckage »

Yes, all games are super rigged, but weirdly, I noticed ONLY the ones I lose on! 8-)

Return to “Yahtzee”