Last moves not shown

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
8odorakos

Last moves not shown

Post by 8odorakos »

I can only see the last move, not the full history. Is this normal?
Jest Phulin

Re: Last moves not shown

Post by Jest Phulin »

This prevents someone from scrolling through the history to determine what cards the opponent has. This makes it more like a physical game where each person has seen each move, but it is up to them to remember what cards are in hand.
Lohoris

Post by Lohoris »

Jest Phulin wrote: 06 March 2020, 18:39 This prevents someone from scrolling through the history to determine what cards the opponent has. This makes it more like a physical game where each person has seen each move, but it is up to them to remember what cards are in hand.
To be entirely honest… this doesn't make sense.

Since, if I want, I CAN write down every move, that information should always be public.

This includes the tokens got, etc.

The only hidden information should be the first cards you draw, and the value of the bonus tokens.

Everything else should be public, it makes exactly zero sense not to do so, otherwise you simply give an advantage to whoever bothers to write it down, and this is not fun.

---

As an inspiration you can look at MTGA: whenever an opponent's card is known, it's shown to the opponent face up.

The others stay face down.
faceupcards.jpeg
faceupcards.jpeg (117.49 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
(obviously you can mouse over and see them properly, this is just an example)

---

If a game has to be taken seriously from a competitive point of view, this should be fixed IMAO.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Yeah I would agree. This game seem so much contrary to others games present here. So normalise them look good:
- either by removing that thing by making last moves seen in Jaipur
- or by doing it too in lots (>10%) of others games too.
Joseph2302

Post by Joseph2302 »

Lohoris wrote: 26 November 2021, 00:28
Jest Phulin wrote: 06 March 2020, 18:39 This prevents someone from scrolling through the history to determine what cards the opponent has. This makes it more like a physical game where each person has seen each move, but it is up to them to remember what cards are in hand.

Since, if I want, I CAN write down every move, that information should always be public.

The only hidden information should be the first cards you draw, and the value of the bonus tokens.

Everything else should be public, it makes exactly zero sense not to do so, otherwise you simply give an advantage to whoever bothers to write it down, and this is not fun.
People writing everything down is not in the spirit of the game and is in my opinion cheating. The current implementation obeys the game rules, which are that the information is private. Which it should be, having all open information would make this a much less fun game

We shouldn't be changing the implementation just because a few people might cheat
cigma

Post by cigma »

At least in turn based games this makes a lot of sense. Who can remember for days?

Why not make it a game option to choose if privat information shall be hidden or not, like in No Thanks or For Sale? Then everyone can play as they like.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Een

Post by Een »

This limitation to the log visibility was implemented at the publisher's request.
Lohoris

Post by Lohoris »

Joseph2302 wrote: 26 November 2021, 13:23

People writing everything down is not in the spirit of the game and is in my opinion cheating. The current implementation obeys the game rules, which are that the information is private. Which it should be, having all open information would make this a much less fun game

We shouldn't be changing the implementation just because a few people might cheat
How is this cheating, given you can just remember it?

IMHO the designers/publishers are just plain wrong here, not much to add.
Traconis

Post by Traconis »

Lohoris wrote: 13 December 2022, 17:38
Joseph2302 wrote: 26 November 2021, 13:23

How is this cheating, given you can just remember it?

IMHO the designers/publishers are just plain wrong here, not much to add.
C'mon!! This is the wokeness in the worst form!. Designer designed the game the way they wanted and which worked for them and players. Publisher got it published the way how it was agreed to be published. And now you want to change it because it does not fit your narration?! And you think it is fair (considering your justification?!). You brought MTGA and forgot about MTG paper where they even exactly specified what kind of notes you can make and how long to keep them (i.e. you can't use notes made in the first game after it finishes).

On the other hand when it comes to online games, if the rules clearly does not state "you can't make any notes" feel free to do them and use wisely. IMHO that's one of the reason why we got timers :)
Peace, keep calm and go sell some goods!

Return to “Jaipur”