How Do You Use a Prestige Action Bonus?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
JamesWolfpacker

How Do You Use a Prestige Action Bonus?

Post by JamesWolfpacker »

I didn't see any visual cues to do this...
Prestige Action Bonus: A prestige action bonus costs 1 prestige to use. The player may then choose an enhanced bonus for their phase selection. (In a 2-player game, the player may select a second phase as normal)

Prestige Bonus Options

Explore: draw +13 (into hand), discard 11 (keep +2)
Explore: draw +9 (into hand), discard 6 (keep +3)
Develop: -3 cost
Settle: -3 cost and +2 military, draw card after settling
Consume: Sell one good with +3 card draw AND 2x points for other goods consumed AND discard 0-2 cards for 1 VP each
Consume: 3x VP for all goods consumed
Produce: Draw 3, produce 2 windfall goods
danielvictor

Re: How Do You Use a Prestige Action Bonus?

Post by danielvictor »

I get how it is supposed to work,but how can I actually do it ? When I click on the button,either nothing happens,or I get a dropdown menu that disappears before I can move my cursor over it.
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

danielvictor wrote: 17 October 2022, 11:59 I get how it is supposed to work,but how can I actually do it ? When I click on the button,either nothing happens,or I get a dropdown menu that disappears before I can move my cursor over it.
Can you be more specific as to what you mean by "the button"?
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

There' are use for prestige bonus and use for search bonus buttons near the top of the screen.
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

Sorry - there are in the tournament,anyhow.
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

It seems to be working okay now - thanks.
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

My opponent solved this mystery - I have to generate at least one prestige point to use the action - I'd assumed you started with one.The system confused me by repeatedly asking me if I wanted to use the search action or the prestige bonus when I didn't actually have that option.
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

danielvictor wrote: 30 October 2022, 00:17 My opponent solved this mystery - I have to generate at least one prestige point to use the action - I'd assumed you started with one.The system confused me by repeatedly asking me if I wanted to use the search action or the prestige bonus when I didn't actually have that option.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't quite get back to this in time. When you say that the system asked you, wasn't the "prestige bonus" button greyed out when you didn't have any prestige?

As for the search action, one does not need to have prestige to use it, so it is valid for the system to offer you the opportunity each round.
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

No,it wasn't greyed out.When I clicked on the prestige bonus option,a dropdown menu of choices appeared,but on the one occasion when I managed to click on a choice before the menu vanished,nothing happened.
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

danielvictor wrote: 30 October 2022, 12:09 No,it wasn't greyed out.When I clicked on the prestige bonus option,a dropdown menu of choices appeared,but on the one occasion when I managed to click on a choice before the menu vanished,nothing happened.
Okay, that is odd; I can't account for that behaviour. In the most recent game that I played (wherein I was paying closer attention, due to this thread), the prestige-bonus option was greyed out until I actually had prestige to use with it.

Is the behaviour that you describe above your consistent experience with this expansion, or did it happen just a single time? (I ask merely out of curiosity. :-)

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”