German translations inconsistent

Deutsche Übersetzung
huehnerlady

German translations inconsistent

Post by huehnerlady »

Hi,

I am German and use the website in German.
As you might know, in German there is the formal and the informal way to address a person. Here on this website I can see both, which feels a bit odd to me. I cannot find any guideline to the German used for this website, but I would recommend using one of the two ways and not mix it.

I am generally happy to help bringing some consistency into the language, but first I need to know which way is preferred.

Is there a post I haven't found about this?
qwertasdfg

Re: German translations inconsistent

Post by qwertasdfg »

Generally, it should be the informal way ("du"). Unfortunately, we have some guys "helping" doing the translation by using google translate or other services. And google uses the formal way ("Sie"), mostly.

Regarding if we should rather use "Du" or "du", i haven't found anything as of yet. (I think a lot of the older strings use the capitalised version, most newer ones the lower case version)
Which would you prefer?
huehnerlady

Post by huehnerlady »

Hi,

sorry for the late response, I thought I would get an e-Mail but never did :shock:

I am not sure, but I would say most common is to write 'du' so lower case version.

As I said I am happy to help - but so far I always get an error which says that I have to be signed up for at least 1 month to do so. So I guess I have to wait a bit longer. This was just for new translations though. Is there a different way to adapt older translations, or is that the same way as submitting new translations?
Robo65

Post by Robo65 »

Hallo Hühnerlady,

da diese Übersetzungsmucken nicht das Spielen verhindern, kannst Du Dir doch die Zeit bis nach Ostern gönnen. Da gibt's andere Dinger, die für den BGA Betrieb kritischer sind...

Oder Du schreibst auf, wo es Dich besonders nervt, und wir helfen aus :)

Gruß vom Rhein an die Spree
Robo
huehnerlady

Post by huehnerlady »

Hi,

ich finde es nicht wichtig, ich möchte halt nur gerne helfen.

Wenn es nicht gewünscht ist, weil anderes wichtiger ist, finde ich das vollkommen in Ordnung :)
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

I also think that it should be "du" and that "Sie" mostly comes from automatic translations, by users using google translate, or lately by automatic translations done by "BGA robot". Both are correct, it is a matter of preference. Without precise guidelines, best available for the language in question and directly linked into the translation site, this will be difficult to avoid.

Return to “Deutsch - de”