Fixed buttons for creating tables

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
melancholy29

Fixed buttons for creating tables

Post by melancholy29 » 24 March 2020, 20:36

With so many players around now this seems badly needed, or the convenience would suffer a lot. I just had 5 or even more attempts in a row where I failed to open a new 6 nimmt table because it slips up and down all the time, with over 20 tables in this game alone and over 1000 persons available for it in the lobby. Also for better visibility, the creating tables button should be highlighted and placed elsewhere, probably on the left next to the game name.

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Fixed buttons for creating tables

Post by sourisdudesert » 24 March 2020, 20:52

Hi,

This is because these players are using automatic lobby.

With a popular games like this one, you should use automatic lobby to find opponents, it would be way more practical.

melancholy29

Post by melancholy29 » 24 March 2020, 21:40

Alright but with this you somehow express you consider automatic lobby more suitable in certain cases and therefore don't improve the manual lobby structure. Which subsequently almost nullifies the choice of automatic or manual in the first place as if it stays this way, having 5 attempts to finally hit that button in manual mode is beyond tedious one or two times, let alone long term. You should consider that many players are used to the manual lobby, or have been so for ages since it formerly was the normal display. Forcing these to either switch to a system with probably less perceived control or to bear the issue I described is a little questionable, perhaps.

Een

Post by Een » 24 March 2020, 22:06

melancholy29 wrote:
24 March 2020, 21:40
Alright but with this you somehow express you consider automatic lobby more suitable in certain cases and therefore don't improve the manual lobby structure. Which subsequently almost nullifies the choice of automatic or manual in the first place as if it stays this way, having 5 attempts to finally hit that button in manual mode is beyond tedious one or two times, let alone long term. You should consider that many players are used to the manual lobby, or have been so for ages since it formerly was the normal display. Forcing these to either switch to a system with probably less perceived control or to bear the issue I described is a little questionable, perhaps.
Giving you a short term solution doesn't mean that we won't evolve things further in the future, maybe you shouldn't read too much in a quick, well intentioned answer of a busy admin meaning to help you today and not in the far future ;)

Xapa

Post by Xapa » 25 March 2020, 21:50

HI,
I was going to open a topic for the exact same subject - when I noticed someone already raised the issue. With so many players, opening a new table is everything but easy (as new tables are created so quickly, it makes it hard to hit the "Open a new table button - ex. on 7 Wonders").

Why don't I simply join a random table? Well... That is linked to the Premium Component: the ability to create our own tables so that we can invite friends to join our dedicated table (and joining all a random table created by someone else at the same moment never works...).

So if we can create a "Fixed Button' for creating tables, OR if the 'Open a new Table" button was on top (and not on the bottom) of the game/window, it would help a lot.
Thank you

ZathrusWriter

Post by ZathrusWriter » 26 March 2020, 20:24

I second this opinion. I personally never use any other layout than the main lobby and now it's basically unusable. If I did not learn about automatic something here, I wouldn't even know it exists and would be stuck cursing the platform, lol :)

Bob9253

Post by Bob9253 » 27 March 2020, 17:17

Hello, i don't know if i am exactly at the right place, but please, can an admin / someone disable temporarily the automatic mode on 6 nimmt. It creates infinite loops and crashes on tables. Also, a temporarily limit which be welcome is to set a maximum for each player to be at 2 tables of 6 nimmt. Thanks

En français (langue maternelle)

Bonjour, je ne sais pas si c'est le bon topic (le rapport de bug n'est pas adapté car ce n'est pas sur une table exacte). Un administrateur pourrait-il désactiver urgemment et temporairement le mode automatique de recherche des adversaires sur le jeu 6nimmt SVP, car cela crée des boucles et un brassage infinis et fait foirer de nombreuses tables de jeu. Aussi, une limite temporaire consistant à limiter l'attente d'un joueur à 2 tables de 6nimmt maximum serait bienvenue. Merci d'avance

asd123321

Post by asd123321 » 28 March 2020, 18:56

What I suggest is have a button at left near the game name, which will Create and Open the game all at once so it
would be at the top of the games open instead of the bottom.

Waldoaless

Post by Waldoaless » 29 March 2020, 14:01

I too had opened a topic for or the same problem.
If there are too many people, the tables scroll down and up and it is not possible to create your own table because the button scrolls together with the tables.
THE "CREATE TABLE" BUTTON SHOULD BE FIXED UP; AT LEAST FOR PREMIUM CUSTOMERS.

Raven Kilit

Post by Raven Kilit » 29 March 2020, 17:30

I agree, fixing the create button on the top of the table list or on the side of the game would be fantastic

Return to “Suggestions”