Help for Colorblind people

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
javimuzzic

Help for Colorblind people

Post by javimuzzic »

Hi there!! I have recently discovered this game, and I'm loving it!! But as I'm colorblind, it is really hard for me to distinguish between pink and green tiles. Could it be an option for colorblind people, maybe modify these two colors just to make easier for us to play (as I usually play in my cell phone, I have had many errors related to these two colors...

Thanks in advance, and congrats for BGA!!!
Ebola_Monkey

Re: Help for Colorblind people

Post by Ebola_Monkey »

The physical copy of the game has unique symbols for each color on the objective cards and plot tiles specifically for the colorblind. It would be great if they implemented the same thing here.
Sugs

Post by Sugs »

Very much agreed on this — I'm not colorblind, but I have friends who are!

This does affect me too though even not being colorblind — my screens filter out blue light at night, and it's very very difficult to distinguish yellow and pink then. So this can help everyone!

Javi, please file an official suggestion (using the "bugs" link above — they use the same system for both) and post a link here so we can upvote it!
IanB

Post by IanB »

I'm really enjoying TAKENOKO on here, but I'm struggling because of my colour-blindness - I cannot tell the difference between the yellow and green bamboo shoots. Specifically the yellow and green bamboo shoots on the Objective Cards (I can differentiate between the tile colours so when bamboo is sat on these it is OK to work out). It would be really helpful if the green and yellow bamboo shoots had more distinctive colour (matching the tiles more closely) or if when you hover over the Objective Card the colours of the bamboo shoots on that cards was also give in words.
ningbo44

Post by ningbo44 »

Just came here to post and found this article - tried Takenoko the first time, absolutely love it, but the colour differentiation is doing me head in!
ningbo44

Post by ningbo44 »

Hi everyone, I have filed a suggestion post here please vote :)
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=17293
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

I also struggle to distinguish yellow and green bamboo so I have voted that bug
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Ebola_Monkey wrote: 15 April 2020, 08:13 The physical copy of the game has unique symbols for each color on the objective cards and plot tiles specifically for the colorblind.
Just some information, this is only in the later editions of the game. The physical game that was being produced when the game was being developed for BGA did not have these. BGA may need to request new image files from the manufacturer.
woobinda

Post by woobinda »

i'm colrblind too, i Have to ask my daughter if the bamboo is green or yellow.
can't play if I am alone
Please help with some symbols or textures

Return to “Takenoko”