Question about a strange scenario

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lydos

Question about a strange scenario

Post by Lydos »

Hello,
During a game, i met the situation in the next picture: my rhino entered in the set, pushing in A3. I didn't imagine he could enter here, but desesperately, I tried and it worked :shock:
Is it normal ? I mean: total force pushing down is 2; total force pushing up is 1. OK. But, my rhino in D4 is out of the fight no ? Strange situation...

Een

Re: Question about a strange scenario

Post by Een »

Indeed it looks like a bug. But there is a header in this forum giving the link on where to report bugs :D
Lydos

Post by Lydos »

Ok, at first, i was not sure if it was a bug or just a strange situation. I'll post in the appropriate section
Desperis

Post by Desperis »

Actually, nothing is said about that particular situation in the rules...
From a realistic point of view, the rhino on D4 cannot affect the situation by pushing, since he's facing neither an opposing animal nor a rock.
But the rules only say sth about adding the pushing strength and comparing it to the opposite pushing strength... Obviously, from your example, this is the exact implementation of the game.
Note that the same situation has already been reported in this report : https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=13945&vote.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Lydos wrote: 06 April 2020, 22:09Is it normal ? I mean: total force pushing down is 2; total force pushing up is 1. OK. But, my rhino in D4 is out of the fight no ? Strange situation...
If your image is a screenshot, you must indicate the game number and the move number so that it is truly exploitable.

I inform you that a bug report exists about the problem you are reporting, and that I even proposed an algorithm to correct it.
#13945: "Oppnonent pushed a piece whichn't was not possible "

With my algorithm :
< 4 adjacent spaces occupied in the push line >
1 (D1) P=10+0=10 >0
2 (D2) P=10-10=0 <=0 therefore IMPOSSIBLE MOVEMENT (interruption of the loop)
megamau

Post by megamau »

So what's the rule in the end ?

In this game the site didn't allow me to push down the central line

Siam n°116220238
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

For me it's clearly a bug

I find the french rules a bit more explanatory (even though far from satisfying ...):
"Il suffit de regarder les animaux qui ont le meme sens de poussée et les déduire de ceux qui leur font opposition"

meaning
"You have to check the number of animals having the same pushing direction, and deduct that number from the number of animals which face them"

In that case, the rhino has no opposition and should not be taken into account.

Could be interesting to know how it was implemented in boiteajeux.net.

Return to “Siam”