Option to display numbers on fields and on pawns

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Woodruff

Option to display numbers on fields and on pawns

Post by Woodruff »

Hi everybody,

I had those proposals for improve the Tock display: I first rejected those because it adds little value according to me and I have no time for it. I wanted to develop more important things first.
Now, since I had more time, I have finally changed my mind and add an option to display both information.

I think most of you won't care much, but you will notice a new button to display that kind of info (on the bottom-right of the board). You can also change it throught your "Preferences" menu. Whatever the mean you choose, your new wish will be saved on further games until you eventually change your mind. This way you can keep the numberless standard experience if you prefer it.

Precisions:
  • The numbering of the field is 1 to 18 on each "color side", 18 being a starting field. This is the layout I have mostly found on the Tock boards I have seen. Thus, the field which is aligned to the home has number 16.
  • The numeros on the pawns are defined by their starting order, and using Roman digit: the first pawn you put in play get the numero I, the second II and so on. A pawn which was never put in play has no defined number until it enter the main circuit. If a pawn is eaten, it keeps its numero. Thus it is consistent with the log message if you really want to keep in track which pawns are moving (obviously for that matter : 1st = I, 2nd = II and so on).
Hope you will enjoy it ;)

Take care!

Woodruff
diamant

Re: Option to display numbers on fields and on pawns

Post by diamant »

I appreciate the numbering of the spaces that I find quite aesthetic and that facilitates the determination of the distance between 2 pawns.

I don’t like so much the numbering of the pieces, but it’s linked to the tracking system in the log. I suggest placing these numbers in Roman numerals in the center of the pawns, but only for the pawn(s) that moved on the last turn (so not for the pawn that just came on its starting space). Thus, it would be easy to spot the pawns that have moved since your last turn.

Return to “Toc”